Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 05-11-2023, 05:01 AM   #1
DominikS
DominikS began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Stock image for Tolino Shine 3

Hi! Classical story: Update didn't work, my Tolino Shine 3 device is bricked. Recover system (from recovery mode) doesn't work either because of some stupid low-battery check that always kicks in even when the battery is fully charged. For more information, see https://test.freifunk-gera-greiz.de/...tolino-shine-3 (German).

Anyways, I already opened the device, and I need a stock firmware image. Any verison will do...

If no stock image is available, I am perfectly happy with any other image that I can flash on the sd card to make the reader work again !

Thanks a lot!

Dominik
DominikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 10:07 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominikS View Post
Hi! Classical story: Update didn't work, my Tolino Shine 3 device is bricked.
Anyways, I already opened the device, and I need a stock firmware image. Any verison will do...!
Here is an image where the system partition has been extended to 1GB - the data partition needs to be extended to the end of the SD.
On Windows, Minitool Partition Wizard is suitable for this.

Perform recovery at the end!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 05:58 AM   #3
DominikS
DominikS began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Hey! I just saw your reply, thank you! I managed to fix the device, see here: https://dschrempf.github.io/linux/20...-ebook-reader/
DominikS is offline   Reply With Quote