Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
openairwriter
openairwriter began at the beginning.

Device: none
InkBook Prime - Does it support Bluetooth-Keyboards?

I think about buying a InkBook Prime. But the Question is, if bluetooth-keyboards are really supported. Has anybody made some experiences? In a german Amazon.de-Feedback someone complains about bluetooth-Keyboard is not working.

If someone knows of a alternative epaper-device, please leave a comment on my other Thread.

Thank you and goodbye,

Stephan

Last edited by openairwriter; 03-17-2017 at 06:51 AM.
openairwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by openairwriter View Post
I think about buying a InkBook Prime. But the Question is, But the Question is, if bluetooth-keyboards are really supported. Has anybody made some experiences? In a german Amazon.de-Feedback someone complains about bluetooth-Keyboard is not working.

If someone knows of a alternative epaper-device, please leave a comment on my other Thread.

Thank you and goodbye,

Stephan
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...lable-for-139/

This says it has bluetooth. But it might be wrong.

FYI Onyx boox definately include bluetooth for sure. Boyue do not.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #3
openairwriter

Quote:
This says it has bluetooth. But it might be wrong.
Thank you.

I already visited this side, but it says anything, if a keyboard would work properly. So, i'll have to wait for someone you owns a Inkbook Prime and has experiences with its compatibility with keyboards or can test it.

The problem with the onyx boox is, that I either didnt't find a shop to buy them or they are a bit too expensive (>300€).

Greetings,

Stephan
Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
It may be worth emailing Inkbook. I emailed them some questions a couple of months ago and they replied fully within a day.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #5
openairwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
It may be worth emailing Inkbook. I emailed them some questions a couple of months ago and they replied fully within a day.
Thanx for this idea. I wrote an email.

Greetings,

Stephan
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #6
openairwriter

So, the friendly support of Inkbook answered my question. Since I dont't know, if I am allowed to just copy-paste the answer, here is my summery:

They say, that the main purpose of bluetooth would be to connect audio devices as headphones or speakers.

They can't guarantee, that my bluetooth keyboard would work with the Inkbook Prime, but suggest to buy and test it and return it free within the 2 weeks after buying.

Since I decided to buy an M96, I will not test it. But if anybody else makes some experiences, please let me (and others) know...

Thank you and good bye,

Stephan
Old 03-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
We've just checked and BT keyboard can be paired and works with inkBOOK Prime. The keyboard on the video is Genius LuxePad 9100. It works as well with Genius LuxePad Mini.

ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
makmak33
makmak33 began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook prime
i tried to pair the inkbook prime with ANKER A7726 Ultra Compact Bluetooth Keyboard, and it did not work at all. It endlessly tried to connect. After repeated tries, turning BT on and off, and trying to reconnect, I even managed to completely freeze the inkbook, and had to re-start it.

The workaround i found is not using the popup that appears when you turn on Bluetooth, but instead going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Bluetooth and turning Bluetooth on there, then connecting the device from there. You have to be pretty quick to read the pairing code before the Bluetooth popup reappears.

Dear ArtaTech, this seems to be a bug in the user interface. The actual connection works, the actual pairing works, but the bluetooth popup is less than useful, indeed it even hinders me from getting the pairing done. Please fix. Thank you!
makmak33 is offline   Reply With Quote