Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #121
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalmobi7 View Post
Sorry about that but I can't get spoiler tags to work, I tried to edit it with the tag at the start and end of the content of the error but I was not having any luck with it today.
I think jhowell led you astray, the noparse tags need to be inside the spoiler tags - dunno why, but that's what works for me.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #122
maximalmobi7
Enthusiast
maximalmobi7 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle paperwhite 2, and android tablet 10.1 with Kindle app
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Just put the word SPOILER in brackets at the beginning and /SPOILER in brackets at the end of the text you want to hide. (Ignore my use of NOPARSE, it was just a way to show those tags to you, but it apparently caused confusion.)

If you use the post editor on the web site you can just highlight the text you want on hide and then hit the "spoiler" icon. (That is the eye with a red X over it.) That is the easy way to do it.

ok, thanks for the information, in the future I do that, also it looks like someone corrected it for me today, since it shows it right now
maximalmobi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #123
maximalmobi7
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think jhowell led you astray, the noparse tags need to be inside the spoiler tags - dunno why, but that's what works for me.

BR

ok, thanks for the information, yes , they wrote, also this (Ignore my use of NOPARSE, it was just a way to show those tags to you, but it apparently caused confusion.) I found the spoiler icon, I put by text below in that. the first text was edited with spoiler by someone else, since it looks like they fixed it for me this time. well, Thanks for all the help in any case.

noticed that you need to use go advanced when using spoiler icon, with text selected the normal text editor doesn't have it when you first click on edit I just wanted to point that out, I had to find it in Go Advenced . I tested the spoiler icon below with my text in this one.

Spoiler:
it did cause confusion since I didn't no their was an button for spoiler content too
hit the "spoiler" icon. (That is the eye with a red X over it.)
I found the "Spoiler" icon button under go advanced in the editor for edit command, at this point I don't think I need to post stuff anymore at this time thou about it unless I notice something else that is, So thanks again for all your help with the kfx format plugin and stuff

Last edited by maximalmobi7; 10-05-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: noticed that you need to use go advanced when using spoiler icon
Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 AM   #124
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalmobi7 View Post

ok, thanks for the information, in the future I do that, also it looks like someone corrected it for me today, since it shows it right now
That someone was me - Look at the bottom of the post - "Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 06:52. Reason: Fix spoiler & noparse tags"

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #125
maximalmobi7
Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That someone was me - Look at the bottom of the post - "Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 06:52. Reason: Fix spoiler & noparse tags"

BR
Yes, Thanks for your help on that matter
Advert
Old 10-10-2016, 06:52 AM   #126
Mr.Husky
Mr.Husky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks for the plugin!

Quote:
calibre, version 2.69.0
ОШИБКА: KFX conversion failed: <p>Книга<br><br><b>Kindle Previewer error:</b> Error(YJEpubAdapter):E00226: "The Language given is not supported currently : ru";</p>
Any chance to fix this thing? Thanks in advance!
Just in case, Kindle Previewer works with an russian books.

Last edited by Mr.Husky; 10-10-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Mr.Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #127
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Husky View Post
Error(YJEpubAdapter):E00226: "The Language given is not supported currently : ru"

Any chance to fix this thing?
From the Kindle Previewer 3 Frequently Asked Questions:
Quote:
Q9. What language books does Kindle Previewer 3 (Beta) support?
A9. Kindle Previewer 3 (Beta) supports books in English, Chinese, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch languages.

Q10. What languages is Kindle Previewer 3 (Beta) localized to?
A10. Kindle Previewer 3 (Beta) user interface is now available in English, Chinese, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Dutch languages.
So the user interface supports Russian, but it doesn't support books in the Russian language. Perhaps in a future release.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #128
Mr.Husky
Mr.Husky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Oh really, that's so sad. I'll be waiting for KP updates.

Thank you for paying attention, jhowell!
Mr.Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:52 AM   #129
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Nice work with this plugin.

For all interested parties - EpubToKFXConverter 3.5.0 fail to create any fixed layout books and definitely don't like Panel View CSS.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #130
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.4.0 - 24 Oct 2016

Allow a "mobi-asin" identifier to be used as the source of the book's ASIN.

The plugin tweak "kfx_output_force_cde_type_ebok = True" will cause converted books to no longer be marked as personal documents.

-----

The changes in this plugin release relate to cover thumbnail images for KFX books on e-ink kindles. See the first post in this thread for more information.

The second post in this thread now has information on opening converted KFX files more easily with Kindle Previewer 3 under Windows.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #131
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Nice work with this plugin.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
For all interested parties - EpubToKFXConverter 3.5.0 fail to create any fixed layout books and definitely don't like Panel View CSS.
I agree. I have tried with children's books and comics and I haven't found any way to make the Previewer convert fixed layout books.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #132
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm guessing Amazon use all kinds of tricks (server-side?) when dealing with books with complex layouts. I've also finally seen how tables are handled in a KFX format book. They are treated almost like images. Complex tables will show a small little arrow icon that you can tap to expand the table to its own scrollable page view. I'm guessing since Kindle Previewer doesn't have this functionality (yet?--let's hope!) jhowell's tool can't replicate it and thus not able to incorporate into his tool.
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #133
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerX View Post
I'm guessing Amazon use all kinds of tricks (server-side?) when dealing with books with complex layouts. ... I'm guessing since Kindle Previewer doesn't have this functionality (yet?--let's hope!) jhowell's tool can't replicate it and thus not able to incorporate into his tool.
KFX is designed to support the addition of new features over time. The KFX generator in Amazon's production servers and the KFX renderer in Kindle reader devices have both been updated several times. The initial Enhanced Typesetting release in mid 2015 did not support tables or manga.

Kindle Previewer 3 has its own KFX generator and this is used by the KFX Output plugin. It has improved significantly since the Previewer 3.0 release in February, but it still lags behind the production version in functionality.

I noticed that books in KFX format downloaded from Amazon changed in September in a way that makes their internal coding more closely match the output of the Previewer. I suspect that this is an indication that Amazon is merging the source code of the two KFX generators. Hopefully they will converge at some point and the Previewer will be able to generate all of the KFX features contained in books purchased from Amazon.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:42 AM   #134
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
KFX is designed to support the addition of new features over time. The KFX generator in Amazon's production servers and the KFX renderer in Kindle reader devices have both been updated several times. The initial Enhanced Typesetting release in mid 2015 did not support tables or manga.

Kindle Previewer 3 has its own KFX generator and this is used by the KFX Output plugin. It has improved significantly since the Previewer 3.0 release in February, but it still lags behind the production version in functionality.

I noticed that books in KFX format downloaded from Amazon changed in September in a way that makes their internal coding more closely match the output of the Previewer. I suspect that this is an indication that Amazon is merging the source code of the two KFX generators. Hopefully they will converge at some point and the Previewer will be able to generate all of the KFX features contained in books purchased from Amazon.
thats good news
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #135
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Kindle Previewer 3 beta version 3.6 is now available.

The KFX Output Plugin is not compatible with the new Previewer version. It will take me some time to determine what has changed in the Previewer. Hopefully I will be able to make the plugin work with it.

Until then version 3.5 or older of the Previewer must be used instead. (Note that only the latest version of the Previewer is available for download from Amazon!)

11/23: The new Previewer version does a better job of handling tables. I am testing a new version of the plugin that works with it and am working on some improvements before releasing it.

11/24: The method I used to allow page numbers to be converted no longer works with the new Previewer. Looking for a solution.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-24-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine