Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In fixing the periods in front of things like .45 for a gun type, when the HTML specifies say filename.jpg, that .jpg got changed so Book Designer was unable to load in the graphics. But I've fixed things for ...

.jpg
.gif
.png
.tiff
.bmp

So when Book Cleaner changes .jpg, it will be changed back and then the HTML processed so the graphics can load.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #92
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks, Jon.

(Jon's new files are attached to the very first post in this thread.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #93
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Well done!

I will give it a try, although I have now worked out a routine for doing manual find/replace for things like .45, etc. But it will be nice to have less steps to remember...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Well done!

I will give it a try, although I have now worked out a routine for doing manual find/replace for things like .45, etc. But it will be nice to have less steps to remember...
You are very welcome. I was trying to figure out why the graphics loaded once and not the second time. The only thing I did was sort out Book Cleaner. Now that I've fixed the problem, things like .45 will be fine and graphics will load.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #95
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Jon, I want to thank you once again for all your work here and with Book Designer. I am having the best of luck using Book Designer to edit and create the final version of the books I'm scanning. It is very much a learning process, but your invaluable posts have made it a great deal less stressful. If I could, I would transfer all of my Karma to you, Patricia and HarryT!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #96
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon, This latest version of Book Cleaner works like a charm, and the graphics appear as if by magic. Thank you very much for all your work on this.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #97
PUPPYCARE
PUPPYCARE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys

I have read through most of this thread as well as the instruciton manual. You have done a great job. And Book Reader is a terrific help. Unfortunately I am missing something.

I have loaded and copied the updates etc but when I open Dook Designer Help main help I get it saying it's Book Designer 4.0 Beta, not even Book Designer 4.0. And a lot of things you mention I just don't get come up. I downloaded BD in early Jan 10 from the only link that worked for me. I have also downloaded and copied the 30/07/ 07 update file and copied it over the original Book Designer files.

I can't get Book Cleaner to come up and I don't have an "insert" button that shows anything but Bookmarks. When I open the Book Cleaner folder I can see the five items I should get, showing inside it.

Can anyone tell me were I have gone wrong? I am wondering now if my original BD file download may have problems.

I can make books with BD and they look OK in mobipocket, but I want em dashes to work OK as we use a lot of them as well as short dashes, and also want ellipses to work properly if possible. I haven't seen them mentioned here, but I may have missed that. Mine come out with the spaces removed.
PUPPYCARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #98
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Oh this is interesting, I should have stopped by earlier by this thread.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #99
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPYCARE View Post
Hi guys

I have read through most of this thread as well as the instruciton manual. You have done a great job. And Book Reader is a terrific help. Unfortunately I am missing something.

I have loaded and copied the updates etc but when I open Dook Designer Help main help I get it saying it's Book Designer 4.0 Beta, not even Book Designer 4.0. And a lot of things you mention I just don't get come up. I downloaded BD in early Jan 10 from the only link that worked for me. I have also downloaded and copied the 30/07/ 07 update file and copied it over the original Book Designer files.

I can't get Book Cleaner to come up and I don't have an "insert" button that shows anything but Bookmarks. When I open the Book Cleaner folder I can see the five items I should get, showing inside it.

Can anyone tell me were I have gone wrong? I am wondering now if my original BD file download may have problems.

I can make books with BD and they look OK in mobipocket, but I want em dashes to work OK as we use a lot of them as well as short dashes, and also want ellipses to work properly if possible. I haven't seen them mentioned here, but I may have missed that. Mine come out with the spaces removed.
It sounds as though you've not actually installed BD5.
Perhaps my Book Designer hints and tips here just might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
There is a section on how to tell which version you have got.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It sounds as though you've not actually installed BD5.
Perhaps my Book Designer hints and tips here just might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
There is a section on how to tell which version you have got.
The problem is that if you install BD 4 and then upgrade it to the latest version, it doesn't work properly. The latest update assumes you've been updating all along. But if you go to the thread here on MR and grab the installer and the update it will work as I've put all the proper files in the update to go from any version to the latest.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-05-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #101
PUPPYCARE
PUPPYCARE began at the beginning.

Device: none
tHANK yOU

I have downloaded it all again. On a quick look its still not right but I will go through it properly when I get time this weekend.

If I still don't get it I will let you know, though if it's not right I am obviously missing something really basic.

Thanks for all your help and the guide Patricia has written. It's a hell of a lot of work.
PUPPYCARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #102
Patricia
Reader

I think that I may have found a bug in the latest version of Book Cleaner. It seems to add a space before some full stops. This happens after a place name.
So I've been getting sentences like:

"They arrived at New York ."
He was in Orange State ."

I'm certain that my input files have no spaces. But the books do have them. And I can only think that it's due to a BC bug.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #103
darkangelthn
darkangelthn began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
i'm needing some help. i am trying to convert a .rb file using book designer. I imported the file but i get something that looks like this:

Rain pounded the windshield with ferocity, causing the windshield wipers to fly across the glass, etching a thick path in the cascading water. It was a humid, August evening and the monsoon storm was flexing it's muscles with heavy rain and wind. Twenty- six-year-old Rachel Owen cursed as she pulled her BMW into a scarce parking plac rythe caslo paothe cadasferss,h the witimeith hebright grn twnumbs tagaand noyg plremd. BM myr BMtarng ess.>Fe "Damin t." S witurn thoffhe wiennatand nead ch tharndedyr BMse follher paumbly la. "If hami the iflexight I' fiver enllhgivmonyself." S wid mexter actnty- indvmoninuteto flg cruheck th and wiothe caac nythe caorm wad mturn tha nm wal acthir- ininute drdvmo fle caairport,nto a sn ughr drdvmcausing thchel O muanxie- i a soa ItS wiunt Rafe Owr pabloodoundedg it'nyr BMteletesnd wieletncedwitelyaoriffhfrom grippg the wisteerg wathe Owwhile

I have the BD 5 with the latest book cleaner 1.8. Can some one help me?
darkangelthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think that I may have found a bug in the latest version of Book Cleaner. It seems to add a space before some full stops. This happens after a place name.
So I've been getting sentences like:

"They arrived at New York ."
He was in Orange State ."

I'm certain that my input files have no spaces. But the books do have them. And I can only think that it's due to a BC bug.
I've had a look at the BC definitions and I don't see any place that would cause a space to be added before a period.

Tags
bookcleaner, bookdesigner