Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
angel_gidget
angel_gidget began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre for Mac OS X 10.4.11 ?

I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11, and as far as I can tell, the version of Calibre that is on its website isn't compatible with what I've got.

Is there a version that I can download to my 4 year old laptop?
angel_gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there is a link to a 10.4 compatible version of calibre on the calibre OS X download page
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_gidget View Post
I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11, and as far as I can tell, the version of Calibre that is on its website isn't compatible with what I've got.

Is there a version that I can download to my 4 year old laptop?
Did yo read Note1 ?
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx

The link to older versions is just above the Donate button.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
angel_gidget

I'm seeing 0.7.35 to 0.6.18 on the old versions list. Does one of those work with 10.4, or am I just not seeing the right page?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
angel_gidget

Tried the 0.7.35 and it work! Thanks so much!
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Tried the 0.7.35 and it work! Thanks so much!
According to the note on the download page 0.7.35 shouldn't work for you.

Quote:
Note

1. If you are using OS X Tiger or a PowerPC Mac, the last version of calibre that will work on your machine is 0.7.28, available here .
The change log says this:

Quote:
Release: 0.7.29 [19 Nov, 2010]

New Features

• OSX binary build is now based on Qt 4.7. Also, the build is now Intel only and requires at least OS X 10.5.2. If you are on a PowerPC machine or an older OS X version, do not upgrade
Keep an eye out. If you have trouble you might have to go to version 0.7.28.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
angel_gidget

It's just an OS X. It's been working great so far, so I have no plans to upgrade. I'm not a code-savy person, so there are probably relevant details I don't know to mention, but I haven't hit any real snags as of yet. I just wanted to organize my ebooks and convert the files I had for my computer ereading software to something my nook could handle. It's doing that just fine.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
phillyczech
phillyczech began at the beginning.

Device: maybe kindle
download file confusion

angel_gidget: when you downloaded version 0.7.35, which files did you download or did you download them all? Have you had any problems since you did this? I also have an old Mac and I just ordered my Kindle and want to convert some books to put on there.
phillyczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
angel_gidget

Just the file for 0.7.35. I haven't had any problems, aside from the fact that certain files can't convert due to a protected code in them, but that basically means nothing would convert them anyway. That's only been a couple books in my collection so far. I also make sure to always ignore the message that urges me to get the latest update when I open the program. So far, so good.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I also make sure to always ignore the message that urges me to get the latest update when I open the program. So far, so good.
You can deactivate that message in preferences->behaviour.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, laptop, mac book pro, older firmware