Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2020, 04:47 AM   #1
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Problem resizing boxes [solved]

Hello,
I am reading a book in which a few boxes are not well managed and the only way I found to handle it is to change the left/right margins as in the attached pictures.

Is there a smarter way?

Thanks a lot.

PS I'm not sure if "boxes" is the best term...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201103_104516_276.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	183193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201103_104521_333.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	183194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201103_104524_535.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	183195  

Last edited by giotti; 11-05-2020 at 03:18 PM.
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi giotti. These boxes look like tables (but there's no way to check that without looking at the xhtml files).

Tables are very well supported in KO, so I would assume they're broken in that specific epub (maybe hardcoded width?, I dunno).

There's a styletweak that sets tables to the whole page width. I would try if that fixes your issue for that specific book (style tweaks are per book unless you set them as default)

If styletweaks don't fix your issue then a few things came to my mind:

- run a epub validator on that specific ebook to see if something is wrong with it.
- open the epub with sigil and see if they're indeed tables and how the xhtml and css look (you can do the same in KO, by highlight -> view html, but sigil is more convenient to copy/paste chunks of text).
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Hello pazos, thank you very much for your help, as usual.

I forgot to mention that I already tried all the tables stile tweaks without any success.

I created the epub in calibre, converting another epub that wasn't working at all... only strange ascii characters...

Opening the file in the calibre editor the box is delimited by the "aside" tag. A footnote?
Does it means something more to you?

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
Opening the file in the calibre editor the box is delimited by the "aside" tag. A footnote?
Does it means something more to you?
Nope, but I have no idea of CSS thingies. Anyways these forums are full of people who speak "cascadesheetstylish". But you need to provide them the code or it just won't happen.

Anyways, looks like something is broken on your ebook, not in KO. Feel free to test it on other readers (Sigil, ADE, Thorium ...). If it is broken there please move discussion to epub forum.

If it is just a failure on KOReader you'll need to attach the epub. If it is copyrighted material you'll need to scramble it (there's a calibre plugin for that, just look at these forums).
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:44 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Indeed, without any HTML+CSS it's unlikely that anything sensible can be said.

As an aside, note that there are different rendering modes. Sometimes selection "book" or "flat" is an easy way to get around author-caused issues without (m)any adverse side effects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-04_21-43-09.png
Views:	145
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	183215  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:00 AM   #6
giotti
Connoisseur

Hi Frenzie,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion: setting the rendering mode to book fixed the problem without any adverse side effect (so far).

Best regards.