Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
lissie
Enthusiast
lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Sigil Crashes on Win7 v0.6.2 When loading image

Hi - I'm trying to add a cover image to my epub - everytime I try to load the image Sigil crashes completely - no error report nothing - it doesn't even freeze it just crashes.

Any work around?
lissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Use a different image?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
lissie
Enthusiast
lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tried that - still crashed even using the 800x600px version - which is waaay to small for iBookstore I know. I don't think it's the size - it doesn't even try as soon as I attempt to add an external fle - the message is "sigil a multi-platform ebook editor has stopped workingA problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

This happens even with an new empty file
Old 01-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Delete and install again. This is not normal behaviour (duh) and I have not seen that since release 0.4.x or something like that.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
lissie
Enthusiast

It did the same to me with calibre - so I rebooted the PC and it seem OK now
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can't run build 6 on my main Windows XP computer, and I have seen offhand mention in the KDP forum to the effect that "Sigil won't run on my computer" as a reason for not using the software, which I regularly recommend. So I conclude that there is a small set of machines out there that don't relate to Sigil.

Build 6 runs fine on my Vista laptop and a Windows 7 machine that sits a few feet to my left.

You might try 5.3, which works for me on the XP machine.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm running WinXP Home, SP3, updated until Jan 15th, 2013. Sigil v6.2 appears to be running fine. I just added an image to an epub I'm working on. Saved the file. Loaded in calibre viewer. Again, everything seems to be operating correctly. No BSOD or CTD.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I can't run build 6 on my main Windows XP computer, and I have seen offhand mention in the KDP forum to the effect that "Sigil won't run on my computer" as a reason for not using the software, which I regularly recommend. So I conclude that there is a small set of machines out there that don't relate to Sigil.

Build 6 runs fine on my Vista laptop and a Windows 7 machine that sits a few feet to my left.

You might try 5.3, which works for me on the XP machine.
Look at your PATH environment variable; values. something is fishy
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote