Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 11:48 PM   #16
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
The Sony had settings where you could choose whether or not to retain passwords, etc. But also the library website used to have a "keep me signed in" button which is no longer there (it's not there on my computer either, it's not just a mobile device thing.)
I do have a bookmark set but my library card number is 13 digits long, so it's still a little unwieldy. Plus the password.
For some unknown reason a faintly visible ghost of my card number shows up every time I go to sign in. Unfortunately it's from a time when I made a typo so I can't use it. If it was going to halfway save my info I wish it would have saved a correct version!

Once when I was going to be using my computer anyway to transfer a purchased book onto my Tolino, I tried to transfer a library book from my PC but after I transferred it and tried to open the library book, it gave me an error message and said I had to download the book directly. I thought that was odd since both my Sony and Kobo readers could get library books via my PC.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
The Sony had settings where you could choose whether or not to retain passwords, etc. But also the library website used to have a "keep me signed in" button which is no longer there (it's not there on my computer either, it's not just a mobile device thing.)
Now that I think about that, I think my library also used to have that option in Overdrive. I'm guessing it was a change at Overdrive then?

Quote:
I do have a bookmark set but my library card number is 13 digits long, so it's still a little unwieldy. Plus the password.
Mine is 14 digits, but (somehow?) I've managed to memorize it. Luckily, no password.

Quote:
For some unknown reason a faintly visible ghost of my card number shows up every time I go to sign in. Unfortunately it's from a time when I made a typo so I can't use it. If it was going to halfway save my info I wish it would have saved a correct version!
So it shows up on the website itself? I'll have to check for that.

Quote:
Once when I was going to be using my computer anyway to transfer a purchased book onto my Tolino, I tried to transfer a library book from my PC but after I transferred it and tried to open the library book, it gave me an error message and said I had to download the book directly. I thought that was odd since both my Sony and Kobo readers could get library books via my PC.
Do you have the same ADE account on both the computer and Tolino? That's about the only thing I can think of. Since I use Linux I really can't test this. (I've never been able to get ADE set up in Wine, though I only half-hardheartedly tried.) I do know that I can download to both the Tolino and Kobo, but even though I return the book on the Tolino (and the library shows it returned), the Kobo won't let me return it until my 21 days are up. (I only did this once, I'm guessing had I gone the other way around, returned from the Kobo first, it would have been fine.)

I see mytolino.com is still not showing the newest updates on their website. Though, I can confirm that all the Tolinos except the original Shine (including the Page, Vision 2 and Epos) found the update directly. Weird though that Tolino hasn't taken care of this yet.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:38 PM   #18
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
The ghost library card number shows up faintly on the Tolino when I tap in the card number blank. Wish I knew how to change it to the correct number instead of a ghost of a typo!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And... over two weeks later... these updates are still not showing up on the English site. Tolino must have completely forgotten about it. Weird.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And... over two weeks later... these updates are still not showing up on the English site. Tolino must have completely forgotten about it. Weird.
This Update is important only for German Onleihe and the new DRM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
This Update is important only for German Onleihe and the new DRM.
There's some other changes from 12.2.0 (where mytolino.com is still stuck for most Tolino models) and 13.2.1. The inverted screen option is probably the most noticeable change.