Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 01-31-2003, 03:42 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok I am not sure if this is the NY Times Metro section, but try out the attached .ixl file. Only make sure you insert your values for the two cookies NYT-S and RMID (password authentication). See above for instructions.

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: ixl nytmetro.ixl (7.6 KB, 701 views)
Old 02-03-2003, 02:50 AM   #17
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi. i'm rather challenged by some of the finer points here regarding settings for isilox and am rather confused when you say to insert your values for NY Magazine to get it to work.I downloaded the file you have and when i run it,all i get back is that i need to sign in.Do i need to do this to get this or am i missing something that should be obvious to me.By the way,Great tweaking on the the new folder.i've only using isilo for almost three weeks but love it. David
Advert
Old 02-03-2003, 03:56 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you login to NY Times with your Internet Explorer, you must enter a username and a password. Next time you login, NY Times remembers you and immediately lets you in. Why? Because it saves cookies on your harddrives. Exactly those cookies must be added to your iSiloX entries. How to do this I explained a few posts before (read the thread on how to add cookies). If you have persisting problems, you can also mail me your nytimes.com cookies (from your Internet Explorer cookie folder), and I will add the right values for you.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #19
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Hi,Alex. I Was able to figure out the value of the cookies for NY magazine but was not sure that I liked the format on my clie and was not sure if I could set the depth higher than it was so I could get information?I alsohave a related question.I would like to get the text version of the NY Times but all of my playing with it resulted in a 6K file size.I did the cookies as i did for the magazine and got the 6K file size.Is it possible to get the text version or am I just being greedy? David
Old 02-04-2003, 09:15 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

David,

Can you give me the url of you the page that you want (of the text version)? I assume with text version you don't mean the Avantgo-version.
Advert
Old 02-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #21
Harpgliss
Member Retired

Hello again.I really hope I'm not being a pest.A38 year old man should not have this much problem figuring this stuff out.Thank you for your patience.Here is the URL that you requested http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/te...extversion.html .Now just a quick note on this,I can view this just fine on the pc but get zilch when I go to convert it. Thank you, David
Old 02-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #22
Ronindvm
Ronindvm began at the beginning.

I've been playing with the NYT sites for a while now and have been quite frustrated. I have found that I can get the site converted but the following week, I have to re-enter the cookies. I haven't had a chance to play with it this week but when I tried to convert the NYT magazine site on Sunday, I found that I could only download to a link depth of 1. When I tried 2, I got the login in page for all links deeper than 1. I doubt this helps anyone but at least y'all know your not alone with your problems
Old 02-05-2003, 02:00 PM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ronindvm,

this is very strange I don't have any login problems myself. I think for successfully downloading nytimes.com content, it is very useful to play with the include/exclude settings (regular patterns, etc)...

if you need help - tell me.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:18 PM   #24
Ronindvm

I don't know what I was doing wrong before but it's working fine now. I reentered the cookies. Must have had one of them wrong. I LOVE Isilox 3.3. I had it exclude "nytimes" and include "magazine" and now I have a file a 3rd the size of what I used to have AND it is giving me the whole articles.

Now, I'll see if it still works next week.

Jon
Old 02-25-2003, 12:37 PM   #25
Ronindvm

The NYT is out to get me! So far, this site and Alexander have outsmarted them while they outsmart me.

I was really thrilled with being able to download the NYT magazine without an excessively large file and it worked great for 2 weeks except that I had to re-enter my cookies each week (I had made sure that they were checked to not expire).
This week, I did the same thing and it seemed to download fine, I have a 2.08 megabyte file on my computer but Isilo won't open it.
Any ideas? for any of the above problems?

Thanks

Jon
Old 03-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #26
macsolo
macsolo began at the beginning.

Device: Clie PEG-T665c
Okay, I edited the cookies and the download/conversion went fine, but when I try access some of the hyperlinks, I get pages of URLs. This also happens when I try to read more than the first page of an article. Any idea what's going on?
Old 03-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

macsolo,

I just try myself and syncronized NYTimes The City. Works without problems. The thing is, for instance with NYTimes The City, that only the links to the The City Articles are followed. Did you try that?

Not all links are followed for obvious reasons. You don't want to download the entire NYTimes web site, but only the links that are part of the section you are interested in.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronindvm
The NYT is out to get me! So far, this site and Alexander have outsmarted them while they outsmart me.

I was really thrilled with being able to download the NYT magazine without an excessively large file and it worked great for 2 weeks except that I had to re-enter my cookies each week (I had made sure that they were checked to not expire).
This week, I did the same thing and it seemed to download fine, I have a 2.08 megabyte file on my computer but Isilo won't open it.
Any ideas? for any of the above problems?

Thanks

Jon
Jon, did you try again? What is the current status?
Old 03-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #29
Ronindvm

Yes, I tried again and get the same result. I was worried that I was excluding too much but if that were the case, the file wouldn't be 2meg. And it shouldn't be that my cookies are wrong, when that has been the problem, I get a file that I can look at but it just keeps telling me that I'm not a member.

I get a 2meg file, when I open it, it is a blank page and the status bar at the bottom reads 99%. I've gone through all my settings and I can't figure it out. I'm sure it's something simple since it used to work for me.

The url is: http://www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/home/

Thanks.

Jon
Old 03-24-2003, 12:26 PM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

ronindvm,

I am almost perfectly sure that your problem is cookie related. I downloaded the iSiloX file for NYT Mag here, then I inserted my two cookie values, and finally used iSiloX to download the web page. The result you find attached.

Are you sure that you used your NYT-S and RMID cookies?
Attached Files
File Type: pdb nyt magazine.pdb (154.2 KB, 405 views)