Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
where can i get buy gen 1 oasis charge cover? please advis

i sold my charging cover of oasis gen 1
to fund my oasis gen 2

but in hindsight i regret this as i dont like the gen 2, buttons are too noisy clunky and difficult to hold one hand without leaning - which isnt a problem, but the oasis 1 is just as good

(i dont need audible/waterproof)
problem is the charging cover adds a battery which the oasis gen 1 suffers miserably without

any advice?
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 AM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
i sold my charging cover of oasis gen 1
to fund my oasis gen 2

but in hindsight i regret this as i dont like the gen 2, buttons are too noisy clunky and difficult to hold one hand without leaning - which isnt a problem, but the oasis 1 is just as good

(i dont need audible/waterproof)
problem is the charging cover adds a battery which the oasis gen 1 suffers miserably without

any advice?
I bought a used one from Amazon a few months ago for $14. The price has gone up.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-li...&condition=all
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
imin uk
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
There are some refurbed ones on ebay uk - not cheap though
Liz
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:14 AM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Amazon.com also has new ones, but only the black appears to be in stock ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01637XE4W/ ). Currently the Oasis 2 covers have the same shortage - only the charcoal is available on amazon.com nothing on amazon.co.uk. Until amazon.co.uk has any battery covers back in stock, you might have to get an external usb power pack.

That amazon.com still sells them brand new indicates that they are at least not discontinued.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
you might have to get an external usb power pack.

I have had my Oasis 1 with the glitchy cover connection since the day it was released and this has never once occurred to me.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote