Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #211
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you are referring to enhancing the JS menu item "GUI Tool: Copy-to-Library Shortcut [Selected Books]", I will add that to my list of requested enhancements to JS. I am currently working on major enhancements to the 'Auto-Add Books: Automatic JS Quality Fixes' GUI Tool.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #212
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

That's the JS menu I was referring to. I hope you understand what I mean?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #213
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See the attached. Please clarify what you want that you cannot do already from what is shown.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-18 09_27_37-calibre - __ CalibreJobSpyTest1 __.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	162879  
Old 03-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #214
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I was thinking something, like this.

Also, if you can choose how many libraries it can remember I would like it to be a bit more than the amount shown in my image. Perhaps 15-20?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2018-03-18 09.50.png
Views:	252
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	162880  

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 03-18-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 AM   #215
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.106 Major Enhancements to 'Auto-Add Books: Automatic JS Quality Fixes'

Version 1.0.106 -2018-03-24 Added to the 'Auto-Add Books: Automatic JS Quality Fixes' GUI Tool: Regular Expression fixes to Scrub Titles of newly Auto-Added books.

Also, a new GUI Tool: Tickle Auto-Adder to Wake Up [Experimental].

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_auto_add_scrub_titles_example.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	163023  
Advert
Old 03-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #216
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.107 -Added 'Scrub Authors' to Auto-Add Books: Automatic JS Quality Fixes

Version 1.0.107 -2018-03-27 Added to the 'Auto-Add Books: Automatic JS Quality Fixes' GUI Tool: Scrub Authors. Also, Tickle Auto-Adder now tickles for only 2 seconds, not 10 as before.

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_auto_added_books_scrub_authors_customization.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	163097  
Old 03-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #217
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.108 Enhancement to Copy-to-Library Shortcut to use a new Library Selecti

Version 1.0.108 -2018-03-28 Enhancement to the GUI Tool 'Copy-to-Library Shortcut' to use a new Library Selection Dialog instead of the standard Calibre simple OS-specific dialog.

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_copy_to_library_shortcut_enhancement.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	982.3 KB
ID:	163129  
Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #218
rolandt99
rolandt99 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quality Fixes on existing library

Is it possible to use the "Automatic JS Quality Fixes" on books already in an existing library?

Or would I have to essentially re-create my library by 1) save all books in current library to disk, 2) create new library, and 3) run 'Auto-Add' for new library pointing to location used in step 1)?

Overall this is an amazing accumulation of tools/tweaks.

thanks,
Roland
rolandt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #219
DaltonST
Deviser

WorkBench Library

Rolandt99:

IMO, Calibre best practices includes using a "WorkBench" library, through which you run all of your new books until they are ready to join your "real" Calibre library.

I suggest that you:

[1] Create a new library called something like "WorkBench" by copying the structure of your existing Library.

[2] Add any necessary Custom Columns for the JS auto-add tools if you wish to populate them (they are optional, but highly recommended).

[3] Customize the Job Spy for the "Library-Specific Tweaks" related to Auto-Adding, as well as for the Auto-Add fixes. You likely need an auto-add directory specific to your WorkBench, plus one specific to your "real" library. New books go into the former.

[4] From your current "real" Library, do a Save-to-Disk in Single Directory of any books that need to be scrubbed. Their existing metadata will be embedded automatically by the Save-to-Disk process , but personally I would do it manually anyway prior to saving to disk just to be sure this one time. The target directory should match the one customized in [3] for your new WorkBench library.

[5] Switch to your new, empty WorkBench library, and let the Auto-Add execute. Remember that Calibre will automatically delete the auto-added books from the auto-add directory, so see [6] below.

[6] After (and only after) your WorkBench has imported all of your books that you saved to disk from your "real" library, you can delete them from your "real" library. Remember to do a Library > Library Maintenance > Check Library so it does a metadata.db defrag/compress operation, among other things.

[7] Move your newly scrubbed books from your WorkBench library to your "real" library, and do a Library > Library Maintenance > Check Library on the WorkBench.

DaltonST
Old 03-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #220
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Could I use your tool to copy only metadata from a library to another, presuming that the books exist in the library it's being copied to?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #221
DaltonST
Deviser

That is a question for Calibre related to merging books, etc. There is nothing special in JS about that.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:49 PM   #222
rolandt99
rolandt99 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Auto-Add Quality Fixes

Thank you Dalton for your quick answer.

I agree with you, that it is best to use an intermediate library for cleanup work before moving books to the "Real" library. The 'existing' library I was speaking to is such a work library, for book cleanup and tweaking, in which I current have several thousand books.

Unfortunately you confirmed my expectations (and the process) of having to recreate that work library if I want to use the "Automatic JS Quality Fixes" capability on previously added books.

For future cleanup work I will definitely use these automatic quality fix capabilities during Auto-Add processing. For the current set of books in this work library, I will have to weigh the time/effort to save/re-add/check versus continue using my current methodology.

Roland
rolandt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:19 AM   #223
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.108 -2018-03-28 Enhancement to the GUI Tool 'Copy-to-Library Shortcut' to use a new Library Selection Dialog instead of the standard Calibre simple OS-specific dialog.

DaltonST
Every time I try to select another library now, it sends me back to my C: drive, instead of where I have all my libraries.

What I had hoped for was a way to select old locations like when I go to choose an existing library in "Choose Your Calibre Library".
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2018-03-29 10.16.34.png
Views:	241
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	163135  
Old 03-29-2018, 04:47 AM   #224
DaltonST
Deviser

See the image. You did not customze it as shown.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:09 AM   #225
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have done what you suggested, but I still don't get the arrow and option for 10-20 previous selected libraries. Like in my screen in the previous post.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools