Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 01:57 AM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This problem came back again. I noticed it in 4.0.0i and it's still there when I updated to 4.0.0j.
It that a different library than the one represented by the metadata.db you sent me? I ask because a) that book isn't in the metadata.db, and b) the custom columns displayed on that screen for that book don't show any of the columns I see in the metadata.db.

If it is a different library, does that library have the #genre column? The columns are specific to the library the book is in, not the union of all columns in any library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #32
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It that a different library than the one represented by the metadata.db you sent me? I ask because a) that book isn't in the metadata.db, and b) the custom columns displayed on that screen for that book don't show any of the columns I see in the metadata.db.

If it is a different library, does that library have the #genre column? The columns are specific to the library the book is in, not the union of all columns in any library.
That's a different library and it does have the genre column. Most columns in this library are empty. I'll send it and send the debug log.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2015, 04:21 AM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
That's a different library and it does have the genre column. Most columns in this library are empty. I'll send it and send the debug log.
Well, this time it appears to be a calibre bug. The column description metadata stored in the database seems to be wrong, possibly because of changing libraries in calibre. I need to look at it.

Fortunately there is another source of column metadata. It isn't "pre-built" but it is guaranteed to be accurate. I changed CC to use that information and now your library works.

FWIW: I also added the template tester to content server and cloud book details.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:48 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, didn't see your edits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Hmmm...
On one side you are right regarding standard decimal separator in my local - Spanish uses ",".
On the other hand Calibre (English and Spanish GUI ) uses the "." when pushing books to my tablet
You are right. I will change CC to use the same symbols as calibre.
Quote:
P. S.
Are you planning something like a "contains" syntax?

Example:
Code:
 :if: {tags:contains|test} :then: {series_index:%04d} :else: {series_index:%04.2f}:::
Of course this syntac also for other fieldes, not only {tags}
No, I haven't been planning something like this. I will think about it, but I am not yet sure of the value.

Note that there are at least two ways to accomplish the same thing.
  1. Create a Yes/No column that is set to Yes for any book that would match the expression you want to use in the if test, otherwise set to empty. In this case the if test would be
    Code:
     :if: {#yesno_col} :then: {series_index:%04d} :else: {series_index:%04.2f}:::
  2. Even more powerful is to use the order CC evaluates if/then within templates. CC evaluates the if/then/else parts, substitutes the results back into the template, then evaluates the template with the substitutions. This permits you to specify arbitrary template parts inside the if statement that are used when finally evaluating the template. Consequence: you can put templates or template components in calibre columns then use these in CC. For example, the following would use a CC template stored in a text column in calibre:
    Code:
    :if:{#sometextcolumn}:then: :tv: :else:{the default template}:::
    If #sometextcolumn contains
    Code:
    :if: {series}:then:{series:|_|}:else:{first_author} :::/{series_index:%04d/%07.2f|[|] - }{title} -  {first_author}
    then that is the template that would be used.

You can do the same thing with template components. For example, assume that #sif is a text column containing the format specifier to use for the series index for the book. The following template segment would use that format if it exists, otherwise %04d/%07.2f
    Code:
    {series} {series_index::if: {#sif} :then: :tv: :else: %04d/%07.2f:::}
    To finish the example, if #sif contains %03d/%06.2f then after processing the :if:, the template would be
    Code:
    {series} {series_index:%03d/%06.2f}
    If #sif is empty then after processing the :if:, the template would be
    Code:
    {series} {series_index:%04d/%07.2f}
    In the end you could use a different series index format for every series.

Note that there is a bug in V4.0.5 causing % characters to be replaced before they are substituted into the template. Production release candidate V4.1.0, released to the beta group this morning, fixes this problem.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #35
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thanks i will check this out.
My target is simple.
I have series which belong all to a main series called "Perry Rhodan" Those are booklet series which go up to 3000 books. For those i need series index up to 4 digits.
All other series won`t have more than 99 books but sometimes floating index like 10,50.
That`s the only reason i wanted to have a contain syntax which checks if the series contains Perry Rhodan.
But i will check out your suggestion, even i have to cluster the opf file with an other custom column. With a content syntax this won´t be necessary

On the other hand as i read the same book sometimes on different devices, the "long index number - author - title" file name gives as quiet unique name to prevent mistakes in synchronization of reading position with Moon-Reader

Ah, is there a way to transform for example a series name "I Want All" to "IWA" ? Using only the first letter of each word?

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 07-18-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks i will check this out.
My target is simple.
I have series which belong all to a main series called "Perry Rhodan" Those are booklet series which go up to 3000 books. For those i need series index up to 4 digits.
All other series won`t have more than 99 books but sometimes floating index like 10,50.
That`s the only reason i wanted to have a contain syntax which checks if the series contains Perry Rhodan.
But i will check out your suggestion, even i have to cluster the opf file with an other custom column. With a content syntax this won´t be necessary

On the other hand as i read the same book sometimes on different devices, the "long index number - author - title" file name gives as quiet unique name to prevent mistakes in synchronization of reading position with Moon-Reader

Ah, is there a way to transform for example a series name "I Want All" to "IWA" ? Using only the first letter of each word?

Thomas

PR is also broken into 'Cycles" . I numbered the series.cycle by the position, but left the issue as part of the title (the Manage Series PI is ajewel )
eg
Robots, Bombs, and Mutants -#133
Perry Rhodan.The Posbis [33]
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #37
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not with CC's template processing. It can be done in calibre's language because it supports processing values by regular expressions. This isn't something I want to (try to) add to CC.

The more I hear about what you are trying to do the more I think that the best way for you to proceed is to populate a custom column with the template you want to use for the series. For most series it would be empty (?), but for these Rhodan series it would contain the real template. You can do this with CC's current template processing.

And hoping to not give offense: why does the file name matter so much? Neither CC nor most reader apps care about it, other than to want the same name on multiple devices so reading positions sync properly.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #38
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
And hoping to not give offense: why does the file name matter so much? Neither CC nor most reader apps care about it, other than to want the same name on multiple devices so reading positions sync properly.
You are not offensive at all.
As more and more i think about this i come to the result that you are right
So i will take my last CC template just to have a little folder/file structure. The rest with CC

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 07-18-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #39
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Thomas

PR is also broken into 'Cycles" . I numbered the series.cycle by the position, but left the issue as part of the title (the Manage Series PI is ajewel )
eg
Robots, Bombs, and Mutants -#133
Perry Rhodan.The Posbis [33]
i have done this with tags like "Perry Rhodan (1950 - 1999) - MATERIA"
Old 07-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #40
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@chaley,
I know you've been doing a lot with file-naming recently so apologies if I've misunderstood something.

I have calibre 2.32.1 (32 bit) and CC 4.1.0 (174) but now, when I send books via Wi-fi, my save template is no longer being used. My SmartDevice settings are the same as they've always been (see pic below) and in CC Settings for Filenames I have the middle option (Use calibre's file names) checked - this hasn't changed either.

I did a test using the Content Server (not something I usually use) instead of Wi-fi and the save template worked OK there.

Do I need to be using the new CC 'Use CC template everywhere' option instead?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smartdevice.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	140384  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@chaley,
I know you've been doing a lot with file-naming recently so apologies if I've misunderstood something.

[...]

Do I need to be using the new CC 'Use CC template everywhere' option instead?
No. There is a bug. Sigh...

I will make another release tonight.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #42
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No. There is a bug. Sigh...

I will make another release tonight.
Thanks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings ...

Just so you're aware ... I wasn't actually sending a book when I noticed the problem, I just did a 'Wireless Connect/sync books' and 5 books I'd done minor edits to re-downloaded - unfortunately because the template name changed I ended up with the 5 originals plus 5 duplicates instead.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:14 AM   #43
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thanks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings ...
I thank you. I just wish I had remembered to test that after some other changes. I need to write things down.
Quote:
Just so you're aware ... I wasn't actually sending a book when I noticed the problem, I just did a 'Wireless Connect/sync books' and 5 books I'd done minor edits to re-downloaded - unfortunately because the template name changed I ended up with the 5 originals plus 5 duplicates instead.
That makes sense.

Let me know if the problem has been fixed. I tested it, but I think we have amply demonstrated that I am a crappy tester.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #44
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Let me know if the problem has been fixed.
Seems OK now