Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #61
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Nice update.
Switching between different databases works flawless, but even after a while CC does not show the cover images in the list, also not in the Metadata view of a book.
I suspect that the provider is rate-limiting, but I don't know that. Sending me a debug log might help.
Quote:
Wish:
Since I manage now e everything with CC I do not need anymore complicated "send to de device" templates. But I want to have a minimum structure on my device. Is it possible to add a template as follows :
Folder Series (if no series author) /....
This isn't something I want to do. It means that I would need to add some kind of template function similar to calibre's test or is_empty.

If you make a CC template {series}/{author}/{title} (or some such) then if there is no series then the author will be the highest level. I think that gets you 90% of what you want.

Hmmm... I just realized that series_index is displayed even when the series is empty and that the prefix and suffix are applied to empty values. Neither should happen. I will fix it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #62
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Ok it was just a wish regarding the series template, but your suggestion is nearly what I need. 😆 Perhaps another time.
Sent you a log file to your emails.

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 06-26-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #63
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
V4.0.0g:
  • [BUG FIX]Fix regression downloading files from dropbox
Thank you, it has fixed my problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #64
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sent you a log file to your emails.
Thanks. It is an "out of memory" problem caused by bitmaps. I thought we were done with those once Android got to Ice Cream Sandwich, but clearly not. I will put in all the stuff to force memory reclamation of bitmaps.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #65
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks. It is an "out of memory" problem caused by bitmaps. I thought we were done with those once Android got to Ice Cream Sandwich, but clearly not. I will put in all the stuff to force memory reclamation of bitmaps.
It did not happen with the other alphas. First time with the last one. My tablet is running Kitkat 4.4.2 with 2GB Ram.
Advert
Old 06-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I haven't checked other columns, but I noticed that the Comments column is missing from the Book Details screen.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #67
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have it, but it doesn't honor margin-top and text-indent. I think it was ok before, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #68
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Working well again with latest alpha.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:44 AM   #69
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Until the above two comments (66 & 67) I thought not showing the comments was a design choice of your cloud implementation. I did a closer review and it seems that most of the books details via the cloud do not show comments.

Until now I thought none of them showed comments, but on closer look I found many that do.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:35 AM   #70
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I haven't checked other columns, but I noticed that the Comments column is missing from the Book Details screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Until the above two comments (66 & 67) I thought not showing the comments was a design choice of your cloud implementation. I did a closer review and it seems that most of the books details via the cloud do not show comments.

Until now I thought none of them showed comments, but on closer look I found many that do.
The current release handles custom comments correctly, and occasionally correctly handles standard comments. The fix will be in the next release. Note that if you connect as a wireless device then the metadata errors such as any missing comments and series will be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have it, but it doesn't honor margin-top and text-indent. I think it was ok before, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Comments in cloud book details are displayed using the same code as content server and disconnected book details. I don't see how they could be displaying the same thing differently. If you have an example of that I would like to see it.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:42 AM   #71
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wish:
Since I manage now e everything with CC I do not need anymore complicated "send to de device" templates. But I want to have a minimum structure on my device. Is it possible to add a template as follows :
Folder Series (if no series author) /....
I have figured out a way to do this that is both simple and general. I am going to add "if ... then ... else ..." processing.

It will look something like
Code:
:if: {some_template} {} {} {} :then: {some_replacement_template} {} {} :else: {some_replacement_template} {} {} :::
The :else: is optional. All of the templates are arbitrary: single or multiple values. The test is "true" if that template evaluates to some non-blank value. A special symbol will be available, :tv: (test value) that can be used in a :then: or an :else: to replace the test with itself.

All if the if/then/elses will be processed first, then the template will be processed as normal. This means that the :then: and :else: parts can add slashes to change the directory structure.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Comments in cloud book details are displayed using the same code as content server and disconnected book details. I don't see how they could be displaying the same thing differently. If you have an example of that I would like to see it.
I think that's the problem. I want to remember that it worked well before but I'm not sure, perhaps it works only in Kobo. Here you can see two summaries, one indented (calibre) and one not (CC):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	139705 Click image for larger version

Name:	Companion.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	139706
Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #73
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think that's the problem. I want to remember that it worked well before but I'm not sure, perhaps it works only in Kobo. Here you can see two summaries, one indented (calibre) and one not (CC):
You are correct, there is a regression in the V4 alphas causing comments to never be displayed using full HTML.

FWIW: it happened because I am still trying to support Android Gingerbread (2.3), but all of the newer stuff requires Android ICS (4) or higher. In this case I got one of the tests backwards. I am more and more thinking that I should abandon pre-ICS (no more updates) because it is so easy to make mistakes. That would affect 2.4% of CC's installed base. I have no idea how many people in that 2.4% still use CC or even still use the device.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #74
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I can't advice about that, but I'm glad I'm not losing my mind Anyway, I'm not so sure how much people is so OCD about this that can note it.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #75
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V4.0.0h has been released

V4.0.0h:
  • Condional text in CC templates
  • Box.com support. Although it works, it is still quite slow.
  • Update languages: Spanish and Japanese
  • [BUG FIX]Templates: fix empty custom columns being declared as invalid
  • [BUG FIX]Templates: Do not display series_index if there is no series
  • [BUG FIX]Templates: fix prefix and suffix added to empty values
  • [BUG FIX]Fix regression causing comments to be displayed as text instead of HTML
  • [BUG FIX]Fix usually not adding comments to metadata when downloading
  • [BUG FIX]Fix case where a corrupted database could not be re-fetched