Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
Tuba
Enthusiast
Tuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Talking Kindle3 Order Cut-Off Dates

EDIT – Adding anecdotal info from this thread:

If you ordered your Kindle 3:
on Aug 5th – Ships Aug 31st
on Aug 8th – Ships Sept 3rd
on Aug 14th – Ships Sept 10th
on Aug 18th – Ships Sept 6th
on Aug 29th – Ships Sept 13th

Keep posting your order dates and shipping dates and I’ll try to keep updating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In order to help those people dying to get their new Kindle 3 I’m sharing what I was told by the Kindle Team at Amazon.

If you ordered your Kindle 3:
before August 4th – Ships Aug 27th
on August 12th – Ships Sept 8th
on August 14th – Ships Sept 10th
on August 19th – Ships Sept 17th
after August 19th – Ships Sept 22nd

Then it depends on your shipping method for how fast it arrives at your door after the shipping date.

If you want to post you experiences that match or differ from the above, please include order date, shipping date, shipping method and date received so we can see if this is right.

Last edited by Tuba; 09-06-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Updates
Tuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
chris2x
chris2x began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch + Kindle software, Kindle Wifi+3G
well i ordered on the 18th - but my current delivery estimate is on september 6th. it's already been shipped actually... ;-)
chris2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Not questioning you Tuba, just the accuracy of that information. This is cut and pasted from the Kindle WiFi page about 10 seconds ago..

"Orders placed today are expected to ship on or before September 17th."

So it would seem Amazon's Kindle WiFi page and that information conflict, as obviously today is after August 19th.
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
Not questioning you Tuba, just the accuracy of that information. This is cut and pasted from the Kindle WiFi page about 10 seconds ago..

Says the same for the WiFi + 3G. I would guess that Amazon expected there to be a cut off date, but didn't need to. Either faster production or fewer orders, or maybe some other factor. Yea for those who ordered after the 19th!
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
I hope these dates are wrong. Nothing personal of course, I just want my Kindle to ship faster.

I ordered 3 days ago, and it's expected for September 17.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
I hope these dates are wrong. Nothing personal of course, I just want my Kindle to ship faster.

I ordered 3 days ago, and it's expected for September 17.
Same for me, I'm hoping that between the time table given to Tumba and now, the Kindle page is right.

My mom is hoping even more, she has to go to the hospital soon and she wants my Kobo.

Last edited by Bittybye; 09-01-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for posting this. I ordered mine Aug. 20.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
I got something like this. Seems the first 3 dates shown are the same but not the last two.

Orders placed before 8 p.m. Pacific Time on August 1st are expected to ship by the August 27th release date.
Orders placed before 10 p.m. Pacific Time on August 5th are expected to ship on or before September 4th.
Orders placed before 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th are expected to ship on or before September 8th.
Orders placed before 11 p.m. Pacific Time on August 19th are expected to ship on or before September 10.
Orders placed after 11 p.m. Pacific Time on August 19th are expected to ship on or before September 17.

Oh well.. it'll come when it'll come I guess..blah!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post

So it would seem Amazon's Kindle WiFi page and that information conflict, as obviously today is after August 19th.
I looked 30 minutes ago and it had the same 17th date. I just refreshed that page and it now says:

Orders placed today are expected to ship on or before September 20th.

So, they have updated the date within the last hour.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #10
stabile007
stabile007 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3
I ordered mine August 5th and it shipped Tuesday and I am expecting to see it today. it is labeled as out for delivery.
stabile007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
Tuba
Enthusiast
Tuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enoughTuba will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Might be inaccurate but it came from the Kindle Team so I figured I'd post it.
For me, it is correct.
Ordered August 14. Today (Sept 4) got the following email:
Quote:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 14 2010:

"Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation"
Estimated arrival date: September 10 2010 - September 15 2010
Tuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Well, good news, I have also just received this e-mail:

Quote:
We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 29 2010:

"Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation [Includes USB Cable for Charging. For"
Estimated arrival date: September 13 2010
And the order page says:

Quote:
Not yet shipped
Shipping Estimate: September 7, 2010

Delivery Estimate: September 13, 2010
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #13
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I ordered on Aug 27 and I still do not have a date just say they will notify me of my date by email.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Well the good news is the window has shortened to about 14 days. And, in my experience, Amazon tends to under promise on delivery dates so maybe ordering today will get you a Kindle in 12 days.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
dsip
Connoisseur
dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Between Devices..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I ordered on Aug 27 and I still do not have a date just say they will notify me of my date by email.
Me too. I guess the waiting time for the wifi only Kindle is longer.
dsip is offline   Reply With Quote