Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Official" Neo cover now on sale.

The "official" cover for the Neo is now available for purchase from the BeBook Store. The UK price is £16.99, excluding VAT and shipping.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The £ must be taking a hell of a battering. It has gone up £4 since yesterday, £2 of that since you posted.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just checked the Pound:Euro exchange rate, and it's not changed noticably in the last two weeks (it's been between £1 = €1.12 and €1.14 for that entire period), so whatever the reason for the price change, it's not that! Perhaps it was just priced wrongly initially and someone noticed?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Well the initial price of £14.99 did seem cheap for a Stylz cover.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Given that all the other covers seem to be priced at €29.95, which is about £26.50, it does seem extremely low, I agree.

Unless you have some specific reason for wanting a leather cover, though, I'd seriously recommend the "Electronicreading" cover at €14.99 including VAT and shipping. It's beautifully designed and, I think, an absolute bargain.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
If I buy Bebook Neo + cover from Endless Ideas website, I'd pay 333,90 € (shipping included).
If I buy Onyx Boox (who's got charger + cover included) from Electronic Reading - for example - I'd pay 313 € (shipping included).

So, why should I buy the Neo? I think Endless Ideas is making an enormous business mistake with this "cover thing".
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
So, why should I buy the Neo? I think Endless Ideas is making an enormous business mistake with this "cover thing".
Not at all. It gives people the choice as to which cover to buy. I really don't like the cover that comes included with the Onyx at all.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Well... let's see...

Neo without charger and cover is 299 €
Boox with charger and cover is 299 €

which is better?

if you buy Neo you still need to buy a cover, if you buy Boox you can choose later on to buy another cover.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote