Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
romnempire
romnempire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
viewing images on kindle

supguysi'mnew/sorryifipostedwrong

I recently found the option to view GIF/JPG images on Kindle, found Mangle, etc.

I noticed when switching through a number of pictures, residual e-ink from the previous page will stay behind. I assume this means the Kindle is only partially refreshing between pictures to save battery but:

1. Is this normal?

2. Can I fix it?

By the way, what do dithering, anchor to top right, partial refresh and pan to next page do? Cold one of those solve my issue?
romnempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
I'm not sure on any of the other options you mention, but if you hit alt+G it will do a full screen refresh that will get rid of the image retention from previous pages.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Revolutionarybum
Revolutionarybum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does the GIF/JPG view option (witch I haven't discovered yet :|) make it possible to read manga series that have been scanned to .jpg's ? I've got several and can read them nicely on my iMac's 24" screen, but there's that loss of holding something akin to a book or comic book format + when i want to go sit at a coffee shop and catch up on recent issues the first option is out =) Sorry this isn't an answer to your question, it's more of a added comment... question thingy...
Revolutionarybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
romnempire

Yep, that's what I'm trying to do. It definitely works, if not for the e-ink residue.

Here's how: http://freshtech2.com/2008/03/26/how...n-your-kindle/ (remember to alt+z)

The hard refresh doesn't change anything, which makes me think I might just have weird JPGs. So if nobody has had this issue, all that really needs to be answered is what the menu items do. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by romnempire View Post
Yep, that's what I'm trying to do. It definitely works, if not for the e-ink residue.

Here's how: http://freshtech2.com/2008/03/26/how...n-your-kindle/ (remember to alt+z)

The hard refresh doesn't change anything, which makes me think I might just have weird JPGs. So if nobody has had this issue, all that really needs to be answered is what the menu items do. Thanks!
Save yourself time, and leave your manga zipped up as .zip or .cbz files, and then drop them in the pictures directory or (as of the 2.3 software update) into the documents directory. Then there's no need to do the Alt-Z refresh, as the Kindle automatically seraches for .zip/.cbz just as it does other book formats.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
romnempire

thanks! if they're upped in CBZ, does that solve the sporadic reading order issue?

Tags
images, ink residue, kindle