Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'd love to have all that boring blue stuff replaced by something like this:

And with the occasional dancing llama wandering across the screen randomly:

EDIT: P.S. - Don't you think those colors go together nicely?

I've given you the challenge, now go away, young man, and make it so!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 11-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #17
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
cotton wool balls
oh, no, thatʻs only my infamous psock ppenguin

This one, however, tastes more like fungus....

This one tastes more like black licorice in fish oil

whereas this one is all sinewy like dried salmon

This one just tastes cheesy

I could go on.. but I wonʻt. You can thank me later.

Oh, and vr, I think thatʻs a lovely idea, but dancing/singing penguins would go *way* better in the random wandering across role.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
All right, I'm still working on a llama-theme for VR (--it may require greasemonkey if you really want the llamas to be random--) but here's the first start of a Penguin theme for GraceKrispy.

It features four different Penguin backgrounds, a penguin logo, white and black alternating panels, and best of all, it automatically turns vivaldirules, GeoffC, pshrynk and Donnageddon's avatars into the Abba penguins.

I can tweak it to get the right resolution background if need be.

Here it is:
Code:
@-moz-document domain('mobileread.com') {

/* Sets background image -- it would be better to download this and link locally using file:// .. , attaching it makes it not scroll, delete if you'd rather it scrolled */
body
{
    background: url('http://coolwallpapers.org/wallpapers/0/55/March_of_the_Penguins-016.jpg')   !important;
    background-attachment: fixed !important;

/* Set background and border of table holding main content */
}
.tborder
{
    background: transparent !important;
    border: none !important;
}

/* The menu at the very top of the page */
.top_menu_left a
{
    color: White !important;
    font-family: Georgia !important;
    font-size: 120% !important;
    text-shadow: 3px 3px 3px black, -3px -3px 3px yellow;
}
.top_menu_left a:hover
{
    color: Cyan !important;

}

/* The MR logo replacement -- please download and use locally */
#logo_image {
	height: 0 !important;
	width: 0 !important;
	/* these numbers match the new image's dimensions */
	padding-left: 630px !important;
        padding-right: 0px !important;
	padding-top: 100px !important;
	background: url('http://people.umass.edu/phil335/logo-grace.png') no-repeat !important;
}

/* The menu right under the logo */
.vbmenu_control
{
   opacity: .7;
   font-size: 100% !important;
   text-shadow: 1px 1px black, -1px -1px black;
}

/* Such a menu item with cursor over it */
.vbmenu_control:hover
{
    opacity: 1 !important;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px black;
    -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px white, -5px -5px 5px white;
}

/* The page under the menu */
.page
{
}

/* Roughly half the menu items */
.alt1
{
    font-family: 'Trebuchet MS' !important;
    background-color: white !important;
    opacity: 0.85;
}

/* with a cursor over it */
.alt1:hover
{
    -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px yellow, -5px -5px 5px yellow, 5px -5px 5px yellow, -5px 5px 5px yellow;
}

/* The other half */
.alt2
{
   background-color: black !important;
   color: white !important;
   opacity: 0.65;
}

/* ...with cursor over them */
.alt2:hover
{
 -moz-box-shadow:5px 5px 5px white, -5px -5px 5px white, 5px -5px 5px white, -5px 5px 5px white;
}
.alt2 a
{
   color: LightYellow !important;
}
.tcat
{
   color: LightGrey !important;
   text-shadow: 6px 6px 8px white, -6px -6px 8px white, 1px 1px black, -1px -1px black, -1px 1px black, 1px -1px black !important; 
}
/* time stamps */
.time
{
  color: cyan !important;
}
/* Emphasized text */
strong
{
}

/* Small text */
.smallfont
{
   font-size: 100% !important;
}

/* Subheadings */
h3
{
   font-size: 140% !important;
}

/* News item on homepage */
.entry
{
   background-color: Grey !important;
   opacity: .8 !important;
}

/* Paragraphs in news items */
.entry p
{
   text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px black;
}

/* links in news items */
.entry a
{
   color: yellow !important;
}

/* News link with cursor over them */
.entry a:hover
{
  color: DarkRed !important;
  background-color: white !important;
}

/* Quote within news item */
.entry blockquote p
{
   color: PaleGreen !important;
}

/* Comment count under news item */
.foot
{
    background-color: transparent !important;
    opacity: 0.6 !important;
}

/* link in comment count */
.foot a
{
   color: red !important;
   background-color: Gray !important;
}

/* link in comment count with cursor */
.foot a:hover
{
    color: purple !important;
    text-decoration: underline !important;
}

/* Category heading on forum list */
.tcat
{
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px black;
}

/* Forum name box in forum list */
.alt1Active
{
  opacity: .8 !important;
}

/* Forum name box with cursor over */
.alt1Active:hover
{
  -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px blue;
}

/* Links in forum name boxes */
.alt1Active a
{
}

/* Column heading in tables */
.thead
{
   font-size: 90% !important;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px white;
}

/* Subforum links */
li a
{
}

/* Keeps chat window opaque */
#collapseobj_forumhome_chat tr td.alt1
{
}

/* Navigator bar at top of particular forum */
.navbar a
{
    font-size: 110% !important;
}

/* Actual forum posts */
.vb_postbit
{
}

/* Lists */
ul li
{
}

/* links */
.vb_postbit a
{
    color: LightBlue !important;
}

.vb_postbit a:hover
{
   color: green !important;
}

/* Quotations within posts */
.vb_postbit div
{
   background-color: Gray !important;
   font-size: 90% !important;
}

/* Option lists, etc., near input boxes */
legend
{
}
label
{
}

/* New post input box */
textarea
{
}

/* Buttons and drop-down lists */
input
{
}
select
{
}

/* Panel wrapper on post submit page */
.panelsurround
{
}

/* Post submit panel */
.panel
{
   opacity: .85 !important;
}

/* Options underneath, etc. */
fieldset div
{
}

/* Various stuff on other pages */
fieldset table tr td
{
}
#group_description
{
}

/* code boxes */
pre.alt2
{
  text-shadow: none !important;
  font-family: monospace !important;
}

/* Avatar swaps */
img[alt="vivaldirules's Avatar"],
img[alt="GeoffC's Avatar"],
img[alt="pshrynk's Avatar"],
img[alt="Donnageddon's Avatar"]
{
	height: 0 !important;
	width: 0 !important;
	padding-left: 121px !important;
        padding-right: 0px !important;
	padding-top: 150px !important;
	background: url('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1945&albumid=172&dl=1251587198&thumb=1') no-repeat !important;}

}

/* The stuff below covers the live chat window on bottom of forums page */
@-moz-document url-prefix('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/chat.php') {
body
{
   background: white !important;
   color: black !important;
}
.time
{
   color: purple !important;
}
span[style="font-weight: normal;"]
{
   color: red !important;
}
}

/* Special background when browsing a forum */
@-moz-document url-prefix('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php') {
body
{
background: url('http://coolwallpapers.org/wallpapers/0/55/March_of_the_Penguins-013.jpg') !important;
}
}

/* Special background when reading a post */
@-moz-document url-prefix('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php') {
body
{
background: url('http://coolwallpapers.org/wallpapers/0/55/penguin-10023.jpg') !important;
}
}

/* Special background when replying to a post */
@-moz-document url-prefix('https://www.mobileread.com/forums/newreply.php') {
body
{
background: url('http://coolwallpapers.org/wallpapers/0/55/Penguin-009.jpg') !important;
}
}
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
If you truly wanted the wandering-ins to be "random", you'd probably have to install the GreaseMonkey plug-in as well, but I'm sure it can be done. The rest of it is no sweat. I'd be happy to make a llama and a penguin theme, when I get a chance (and maybe even a penguin-llama theme?)
Quote:
All right, I'm still working on a llama-theme for VR (--it may require greasemonkey if you really want the llamas to be random--) but here's the first start of a Penguin theme for GraceKrispy.
paaa hahaha !!! i KNEW that other post was in the wrong thread ! i love how something actually not surreal at all becomes deceptively nonsensical out of context. it's brilliant. like accidental dada, or something. standing ovation !

Quote:
It features four different Penguin backgrounds, a penguin logo, white and black alternating panels, and best of all, it automatically turns vivaldirules, GeoffC, pshrynk and Donnageddon's avatars into the Abba penguins.
GAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!! RUN AWAY !! RUN AWAY !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
paaa hahaha !!! i KNEW that other post was in the wrong thread ! i love how something actually not surreal at all becomes deceptively nonsensical out of context. it's brilliant. like accidental dada, or something. standing ovation !
I was wondering what happened to that post. Sorry. I was up way past my bedtime last night...
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I was wondering what happened to that post. Sorry. I was up way past my bedtime last night...
oh, don't apologise ! that little moment of surreality made my morning (okay, early afternoon, technically). i actually meant to mention it earlier but i got distracted. but seeing your second post go past *without* having mentioned it was actually even better, so now i'm glad.

(seriously, if you read it completely out of context, and try to forget for a second you know what greasemonkey is, it's positively astoundingly surreal. and hilarious).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:

OMG! that is the BEST part!! ABBA penguins for four of my favorite posters!

you rock!

(I didnʻt understand all those letters in the box though. How can you make this true for the universe of mobileread without me understanding the box? )
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
what

wait

HOW can this be !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #24
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
OMG! that is the BEST part!! ABBA penguins for four of my favorite posters!

you rock!

(I didnʻt understand all those letters in the box though. How can you make this true for the universe of mobileread without me understanding the box? )
Actually, I'd like to see a whole Abba-esque theme for the enjoyment of Z
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #25
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Actually, I'd like to see a whole Abba-esque theme for the enjoyment of Z

are you NUTS !

do you have a wish for eternal damnation ?

:shudders:
Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #26
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
are you NUTS !

do you have a wish for eternal damnation ?

:shudders:
Pffft... eternal damnation...

Whats a little eternal damnation to someone who is used to beeing dragged off screaming and whimpering to R'yleh after cursing the Elder Gods?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #27
GeoffC

the Elders being, amongst others, Odin, Loki, Freyr ?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #28
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
the Elders being, amongst others, Odin, Loki, Freyr ?
We do not speak of the Elder Gods, and we certainly do not name them.

Odin, Loki, Freyr and Thor are wimps compared to the Elder Gods.

(The Elder Gods in this case being the ones dreamed up by H.P. Lovecraft, and they make the old Asagods look like carebears!)
Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
and they make the old Asagods look like carebears!)
*weeps*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #30
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
OMG!!! Is this what they mean when they say "absolute power corrupts absolutely"? Some people are just too darned clever!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, firefox, skins, stylish, themes