Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Ducksy
Ducksy began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150 Sony-PRS 600
My birthday gift to myself

Hi Gang, I had a Rocket EBook till the battery died, I have been using a Dell X5 for the last four years. Seeing I read nearly all the time in bed next to my wife with the light out, a unit with a backlit screen is my only option.
I have scoped out the new Sony with the LED lighting, but I cannot get myself to part with $500.00 + shipping and Canadian taxes.
So a 1150 Ebook is on order, I have a 128 Meg and other smart cards that my Digital camera has installed, so I bought the $99.00 unit.
Happy reading. Dave
Ducksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi ducksy,
i have an eb1150 myself and i love it (although not for the backlight, i admit !). you've come to the right place here ; take a look around the ebookwise forum for many really useful tools for converting books to the proper format and getting them on the device. we've got some real eb1150 gods around here who can answer any question you can think of ! welcome to the forum.
cheers
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yeah!

I hope you like it! I know I love mine! Like you I was not willing to shell out the money for a sony.

Lots of info on this forum on how to convert stuff.

Fictionwise also seems pretty good with its responses when people have had trouble. Which is good!

Anyway enjoy!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
What a great birthday present, Ducksy! Congratulations!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Why $500? PRS-700 costs $400, or you can get PRS-505 for less than $300.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
and those prices are in Canadian dollars to boot!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksy View Post
So a 1150 Ebook is on order, I have a 128 Meg and other smart cards that my Digital camera has installed, so I bought the $99.00 unit.
Happy reading. Dave
Excellent solution!

What they say is true:
Quote:
One man's garbage (old camera's 128 SM card),
is another man's {OK same person here} treasure (new EBW1150's external card)!
Be sure to read our own IMP software wiki for all your conversion/serving needs.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
Ducksy

Sony PRS-700

Originally Posted by igorsk

You would not get much change back from $500.00 CN after paying shipping and taxes, and as I wrote I read mostly in bed in the dark, and don't care for external lights.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome to the club, Ducksy ! The eBW is really a lovely device.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #10
Ducksy

Santa came early

Hi all got my Ebook today, its all ready to go, downloaded two books, one I purchased and a freebie.
I will give it a try tonight, all the best Dave.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I think you'll be liking the 1150. I've had one for several years and use it almost daily. Don't forget sources like Gutenberg.org for ebooks. I have the Sci-Fi collection. It's kind of a drag finding a server to download the whole thing from but worth the effort if you are into Sci-Fi.

I use the ebookwise librarian to create and load books to it. There are others out there but I was already online at ebookwise and it's only $15.

I have 5 Rockets and I'd be willing to take yours off your hands if you are looking for a home for it.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #12
Ducksy

Rocket Ebook

Hi Michael

I do not have the Rocket Ebook anymore, went the way of the trash can many moons ago. Dave.