Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
aldaco12
aldaco12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
DeDRM plugin

Hi. I'm coming crazy because I cannot install in calibre the DeDRM plugin, even if I did all I read necessary to do. I hope to receive some help.
This is what I've done:
1) I downloaded DeDRM_tools 6.5.1; I extracted from the archive the DeDRM_calibre_plugin and I installed that plugin in calibre.
2) I installed the KindleForPC, and using it I got my book, contained in an azw3 file.
3) I read some ReadMe (I can't remember where) and I learned that in order to have the plugin working the PC mist have Phyton 2.7 and pycrypto installled as well (I downloaded pycrypto 2.6). I did that. After the installation was done, I deleted the book form the calibre archive and I re-imported the azw3 file.
4) loooking in calibre 'preferences' I saw that DeDRM must be configured inserting the proper key relative to your amazon account. I got the key and inserted it.
Despite to all my work, the DeDRM plugin doesn't work and if ask calibre to convert the azw3 file in another format, e.g. a epub format, caliibre tells me the file is DRM proected so a conversion is impossible.
I thought I did anything that was needed for the DeDRM plugin working.
What am I missing?

Last edited by aldaco12; 08-27-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Post deletion in 3, 2...

Cracking DRM is something folks here know about, but it's not spoken of here (first rule is...). You'll need to seek help for that at the dev site.
Advert
Closed Thread