Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
I love mangas. I prefer mangas over graphic novels and comic books. Graphic novels are too often ugly, I really don't like the look of them, while usually mangas are beautiful and more my type of look. Animes are great too. Mangas have certain categories, some mangas are made for girls, some others for boys, some are about bi-homo relationships, etc.

I have some suggestions:

Fruits Basket, a girl manga, about a girl who becomes friend with a cursed family. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

Kaichou wa maid-sama, a girl manga, about a girl who is the president of her school and works part time. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

Special A (S.A.), a girl manga, is about a group with the best marks who are together and what happens to them. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

- Bleach, a boy manga, about a boy (and his group of friends) who becomes a death god, might be a tad violent for your taste though but it's a really good. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

- Fairy Tail, a boy manga, is a fantasy manga about a group of wizards who are part of the Fairy Tail wizard guild. They all go on adventures. This manga has the biggest numbers of strong females characters (I'm female) so I think this is a big plus for me, which could be for you too.

Black Butler, a boy manga, is about a boy who has an incredibly gorgeous demon as his pawn working for him. They solve mysteries together. It happens in the 19th century in England. You might develop a crush on the demon .

Blue Exorcist, a boy manga, about a boy who finds out he's the son of Satan, and wants to follow in his adoptive father footsteps by becoming an exorcist. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

Vampire Knight, a girl manga, is about a girl who is a guardian in a school where Humans attend the school during the day, and Vampires at night. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

Rosario + Vampire including the sequel Rosario to Vampire Season II, a girl manga, about a boy who realizes that the new school he's in is filled with monsters, and that he's the sole human there. You might find it too graphic though, there is no sex but there is some nudity in the manga. It's a modern setting manga with the characters being in high school.

The Cain Saga + Godchild, a boy manga, is about a boy who is an earl in England in 19th century. Him and his butler resolve mysteries together. You might find the mangas too gloomy though. The artist did The Cain Saga, and other mangas after that like Angel Sanctuary, and wanted to make a sequel to The Cain Saga so she did Godchild later. The difference in the art is obvious because the art is much better in Godchild while it's more primitive in The Cain Saga.

Blame!, a boy manga, is about a cyborg looking for a person with pure genes, unaffected by a virus, who could access the control center. This manga is cyberpunk and happens in the future. You might find it too violent though.

Last edited by Nothingness; 05-15-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've read quite a bit of manga and in my view the best is Genshiken a wonderful story of kids in a manga/anime club. Hachimitsu to Kurōbā (Honey and Clover) is another great story. I have not read the School Rumble or Bokura ga Ita (We Were There) mangas but the animes were both very good. Kimi ni Todoke is a very tender story of a girl and a boy. Kaichō wa Maid-sama! (Maid Latte) is very good. Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) is a good one.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert