Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
"Go To Page" Stopped Working?

I'm pretty sure I used to be able to open a pdf on the Kindle Dx, open the menu, select "go to," select "page," and awkwardly use the alt keys to type in the number.

Now I can't do that - the "go to" menu quits if I select "page"

I've had better luck using Librerator to read pdfs [and djvus!], but the Kindle's battery keeps running down, with Wifi disabled, so it'd be nice to use the basic Kindle system.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Have you tried "Go To Location" rather than Page? I'm not familiar with PDFs, but on regular kindle books, only certain books are published with the page numbers available. But the location is always available. This might not be true of PDFs.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
PDF files do not have 'locations'. They'll either have 'implicit' page numbers (starting with page '1' and counting up) or 'explicit' page numbers (one or more page number tag ranges, for example i-xx, 1-257). You can also have PDFs with a mix of both pages without page tags and pages with them. PDF support was pretty basic prior to Kindle Keyboard, and maybe it did not support PDF page numbers robustly (though they licensed Adobe RMSDK for that until Kindle Touch I think). I just don't remember and no longer have a Kindle of that vintage to check it. Seems like it 'should' work.

I would try a few different PDFs and you might discover it works with some and not others.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-05-2016 at 09:22 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #4
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
"Go to page" has now failed in 4 different pdfs, big and small, from different sources. I may sync, and then reinstall Launchpad, when the weather and signal strength permit, and see if syncing restores this function.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go to page