Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
litiki777
litiki777 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus TF101
Calibre with library on mapped network drive

I am using Calibre 0.9.4 on Windows 7. I have a folder named 'media' on my D: drive to store all media formats as:
D:\media\musics
D:\media\movies
D:\media\ebooks

I am creating a mapped network drive M: to point to D:\media\ebooks and attempt to create a Calibre library at M:\calibre (which is the same as D:\media\ebooks\calibre). I'm very surprised that I cannot create a Calibre library that way. Calibre gives me an error as:
---
Corrupted database: The library database at M:\calibre appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful.
---
Weird! M:\calibre is completely empty and has all R/W permission. Creating the library under D:\media\ebooks\calibre is OK with no problem. I would like to know if this is a known problem with Calibre ? And is ther any way to make it work with mapped network drive ?
Thanks
litiki777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do not put your calibre library on networked drives. Bad things will happen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert