Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Lost bookmarks work around

A lot of nook owners have noticed that they lose their bookmarks whenever they connect the device to the computer. I have have experienced the same problems. But I have noticed that it only loses the bookmarks in the last book you are reading. What I do is before I connect the book to Calibre is to place a bookmark on the last page I am currently reading, then open up another book that I am not reading and place a bookmark in that book. Then when I open the book that I was currently reading the bookmark is till there. Usually the bookmark I placed in the book I was not reading had disappeared. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now and have not lost a bookmark I needed. Of course one should not have to go through this process at all and hopefully a real fix from B&N will come soon.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Doesn'T it only loose the bookmark, if you don't leave the book or put it to sleep, before connecting it to the computer?

I think you have to do one of these things, before connecting, than it should keep the bookmark.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Mine does lose bookmarks when I just put it to sleep or leave the book.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
jimhannon
jimhannon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Mine does lose bookmarks when I just put it to sleep or leave the book.
Mine also loses all bookmarks if I turn it off. It is very frustrating! I either have to remember what chapter I was in or maybe the "find" "furtherst read point" will get me back to where I left off.
Where is the next software update?
jimhannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
I thought my problem was unique -- are you guys losing furthest read point (FRP) and bookmarks on the side-loaded or the B&N content? I haven't tried side-loaded yet, but on the store content I've been losing FRP consistently.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I thought my problem was unique -- are you guys losing furthest read point (FRP) and bookmarks on the side-loaded or the B&N content? I haven't tried side-loaded yet, but on the store content I've been losing FRP consistently.
I found that I only lost bookmarks on Epub or PDF files. PDB files retained their bookmarks and furthest read point... Did not matter if it was sideloaded or not.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I have noticed that the losing of bookmarks/last page read is totally inconsistent for me and you don't usually lose all of them. I have gotten in the habit of stopping on the first page of a chapter and remembering the number as a workaround.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
MizK
MizK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Mine also loses bookmarks and 'the last page read' when the reader is turned off or put to sleep. It also stops me from reopening the book saying its digital rights are protected.

To be able to reopen the book I need to turn the device off for several seconds and reopen.... I may have to do this several times. The bookmark is always lost ---- very very frustrating!

Would appreciate a solution
MizK is offline   Reply With Quote