Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Timber
Enthusiast
Timber began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Macbook Pro, Kindle
Can't find global metadata

Hi Kovid,

In the prior versions of Calibre there was a number of books in my collection in the top left corner.

I just installed the new version and I cant find that anywhere.

Can you point me to where to look?

Thanks for the help
Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is in the text under the Library icon (as long as you do not have your eBook device attached. Also in tooltip text for the same icon
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Timber
Enthusiast

..."as long as you do not have your eBook device attached"...

There's the problem, thanks. Any time I have Calibre running, I have my book reader plugged in.

I wonder why the change. It didn't used to matter whether it was plugged in or not in prior versions.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
In the prior versions of Calibre there was a number of books in my collection in the top left corner.
I believe what you were seeing was a bug in how the cover browser was displayed. This bug has been recently fixed. If you wish to see your book covers then click on the cover browser icon in the lower right corner third to the left from the word jobs, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coverbrowser.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	59082  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Timber
Enthusiast

Nope not the cover browser, but thanks.

I was just looking for where it used to tell me how many books were in my collection.

Old version said it in the top left corner, new version doesn't say at all as long as my book reader is plugged in, which is a shame.
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Nope not the cover browser, but thanks.

I was just looking for where it used to tell me how many books were in my collection.

Old version said it in the top left corner, new version doesn't say at all as long as my book reader is plugged in, which is a shame.
Oh! You are right, even the balloon help lost that number.

A quick note to Windows users (because it is not a standard, Windows feature), Right click on the Calibre Vertical scroll bar, Select Bottom for a fast trip down to see the last line number.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote