Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Kindle Images

Didn't Alex say there was a prize for the first person to get real images of the Kindle?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle1.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	7355   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle2.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7356   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle3.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	7357   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle4.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	7358   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle5.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	7359   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle6.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	7360   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle7.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	7361   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle8.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	7362   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle9.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	7363  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Your 2nd image should be the new thumbnail for the Kindle Forum.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
For an e-reader, I find the ratio screen size / total size of the device, just too low.
I don't know how much they paid their designers, but it's too much
My old clie NX70 had a keyboard, could use wireless, and still had a ratio screen/device pretty much better.
I wouldn't buy one of those ugly things, even I did not have a Sony Reader, I would still prefer my clie...
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

The post was here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=10

1,000 Karma points here I come.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixB View Post
I don't know how much they paid their designers, but it's too much
You think they had designers? I assumed they sketched it on a paper napkin over lunch.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Your 2nd image should be the new thumbnail for the Kindle Forum.
Good suggestion. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
The post was here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=10

1,000 Karma points here I come.
Well, it's still subject to debate whether those are real photos or just some highly Photoshop-optimized ones But since I don't want anyone to call me an oathbreaker, 1000 points for you, Adam.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Well, it's still subject to debate whether those are real photos or just some highly Photoshop-optimized ones But since I don't want anyone to call me an oathbreaker, 1000 points for you, Adam.
I'm trying to get them at a higher resolution, but I'm having some issues figuring out Amazon's image viewer.

It looks pretty real to me...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Check this, Adam.
http://aaugh.com/imageabuse.html
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I've been using that for reference, but the high res images are stored on a different system with different variables...
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I was thinking that the Newsweek cover constituted the first post, I believe Nate the Great posted that one first, so my karma hit went to him yesterday.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I was thinking that the Newsweek cover constituted the first post, I believe Nate the Great posted that one first, so my karma hit went to him yesterday.
I assumed it was the first image usable for a forum picture.

Because Karma is sooooo important.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

I like that one can hide it in a cover. Embarrassment Due To Product Design, HERE I COME! ;-)
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I didn't actually post it. I would have but I was busy working as a volunteer all day. (I left my house about a minute after I made that post.)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle specifies images as 600x800. But if you look at text pages, there is a line at the top with the book and author name, and another at next to the bottom to get the thermometer of how far along you are in the book, and a bottom line with the page number(s), etc. Since these take space, I assume the 800 should be reduced in order to get those three lines. Does anybody know what that should be, and if reduced to whatever, do those lines continue to show? I like having them, and don't want to lose them over a specification error. Charles Wilkes, San Jose, Calif.
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #15
wallcraft
reader

I don't know what the largest image size is that won't be resized on the Kindle (in a MOBI/AZW e-book). However, so far as I can tell, images are always resized to allow the usual header and footer and the usual margins. I think the aspect ratio is also maintained. For an example, see: Manga/pdf in the Cybook? Help, please! (post #20). Note that in the same thread, HarryT recommends 400x600 as the "standard" size for cover images (these are not handled quite the same as embedded images, but this size sounds safe).