Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
Cool-er put into liquidation

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/122928-page.html

Interead the company behind the Cool-er e-reader has been put into liquidation, it can be confirmed. A petition was made to Liverpool District Court by PR Beam Agency in late March, with the motion granted by a judge on 8th June.

News of the liquidation is only just now leaking out having been reported on a Dutch-based e-reader website. Interead's websites (coolerbooks.com and coolreaders.co.uk) remain live, however the ordering facilities no-longer work. An email sent to Interead went unanswered. Beam declined to comment.
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Hmm, no more breaking your Cool-ERs then, people. But maybe they'll go for cheap now
Cheers for the info!
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Such a pity!

I thought things had gone very quiet - and there were always availability problems on their website and firebox.

Being philosophical - I've really enjoyed it, it's been a great introduction to the whole ebook think, and hopefully if will carry on working for some time...

But I've heard that there will be a 7" ipad released... and that sounds like a great idea!
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
I think netronix dragged it down. With the rate of faulty products so high, it is no easy business.
Then there is the ipad, claim to do more than just e-reading.... and people buys the apple marketing...

Next, I never see Cooler has proper stock levels.

I wish there is one more update.... or make the thing open source so we can improve it.....

Disappointing to see them belly up.

Cooler is STILL the lightest E-reader out there... 1/4 the weight of my ipad 3G

RIP COOL-ER
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I remember reading the hype around Cool-er when it was launched and the sneaking feeling I had that the company's founder, a former banker called Neil Jones, was aiming beyond his means and relying to heavily on fancy case colours rather than the actual hardware and, of course, mighty competition from the main players. A pity it had to come to this, though. Perhaps a buy-out might be hoped for. Cool-er users have, as far as I recall, been generally happy with their readers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Sad

This is sad to hear. Now that Cool-er's have most of the kinks worked out its devices and it is going out of business.

I agree the high failure rate and the problems with backorders did not help the company.

Hopefully more ereader companies will try and put some style into their devices like the Cool-er had.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
andygates
andygates began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Rumour has it that Interread and Elonex have buddied up again and the brand will be relaunching:

http://besttabletreview.com/cool-er-...ink-next-year/
andygates is offline   Reply With Quote