Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
sakurako
sakurako began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Kindle Firmware 5.10.2 Downgrade Failed

I was forced to update my Kindle software firmware (KPW2) to the latest 5.10.2, but I dislike it as I can't back up my Kindle books as before. Then I downloaded an older version (5.4.3.2) from Amazon server. But the truth is that "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out, I failed.
After I connect my Kindle to PC again, I found that the newly downloaded bin file has gone. What's wrong? Does Amazon force us to downgrade firmware 5.10.2?
sakurako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You cannot downgrade this way. As for backing up your Kindle books, there are other ways. For example, using an older version of Kindle for PC or using the option "Download and transfer with USB". There's more info in the Calibre forum here.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kfx, kindle