Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Pocketbook Public Domain Freebies in Different Languages

There are some nice looking epubs over at Pocketbook:

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/sup...ketbook-inkpad

They're available in different languages.

The English zipped was 42 megs.

Very nice, indeed.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Strange. I'm not sure if it's the css or what, but I brought up Harry Collingwood's The Strange Adventures Of Eric Blackburn from this English zip of ebooks in Adobe Digital Editions v2.0, Okular, and Calibre's ebook viewer, and Adobe and Calibre were showing blanks in the middle of words throughout the book, even though the raw html looked OK to me.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/sup...ketbook-inkpad

They're available in different languages.

The English zipped was 42 megs.

Very nice, indeed.
Looks like there are great collections of ebooks there. Thanks.

Lots of questions . . . . here's a couple. If it takes more than one post to address them, I'll look for a suitable device forum on Mobileread, read what's there, and ask questions there if need be.

Is the Pocketbook InkPad the only device that these ebooks can be viewed on? This page seems to give several other devices, but I don't recognize any of them (except InkPad). I'd mainly like to know if they can be viewed on a pre-PaperWhite Kindle.

Do you know of an emulator that can be run on the PC? I Googled the question, and it looks like there may be one or more, but comprehension of the information requires someone of a much higher pay grade than me.

Thanks.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #4
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Looks like there are great collections of ebooks there. Thanks.

Lots of questions . . . . here's a couple. If it takes more than one post to address them, I'll look for a suitable device forum on Mobileread, read what's there, and ask questions there if need be.

Is the Pocketbook InkPad the only device that these ebooks can be viewed on? This page seems to give several other devices, but I don't recognize any of them (except InkPad). I'd mainly like to know if they can be viewed on a pre-PaperWhite Kindle.

Do you know of an emulator that can be run on the PC? I Googled the question, and it looks like there may be one or more, but comprehension of the information requires someone of a much higher pay grade than me.

Thanks.
I downloaded the zip to see, and they're all in .epub format. You can put them in Calibre and convert them to .mobi for Kindle easily.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't actually own a Pocketbook reader, but I was over at that forum (on Mobileread) gathering some information on what's available from them. I decided to query their site and then saw the freebies.
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I downloaded the zip to see, and they're all in .epub format. You can put them in Calibre and convert them to .mobi for Kindle easily.
Quote:
I don't actually own a Pocketbook reader, but I was over at that forum (on Mobileread) gathering some information on what's available from them. I decided to query their site and then saw the freebies.
I could have downloaded them for myself to find out, sorry.

Thanks for the information. EPub's alright, I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be a switch hitter--using ePub as well as mobi--for the foreseeable future. I already own a huge number of ePub's, and not all of them (by a long shot) are DRM-Free to where I can easily convert them to mobi.

I'm going to download and unpack the zip file(s). If there's anything new or different that I find worth sharing, I'll pass it along.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, Dr. Drib!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, everyone!

It's always good to find some freebies, hoping there's something. That's one of the things I love about the Freebies/Deals Forum.