Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I need the version that works with 3.48. *sigh*
You might want to check the version in message #2326 of the KoboTouchExtended thread.

As an alternative, you could check the Github page for the KoboTouchExtended releases. V3.4.4 is the last one that shows a calibre 3 version as the minimum.

Last edited by DNSB; 01-26-2022 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added Github link
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:54 PM   #32
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I’m attaching the debug file. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I think I did it correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpiydmwb.txt (334.2 KB, 68 views)
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 06:19 PM   #33
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wasn’t 100% sure if my reader was attached when I got the first debug file but I know the following one is. Thank you again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp7za9fx.txt (328.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-26-2022, 07:10 PM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The logs show a lot of errors. Which is an error in the driver. I only half fixed the problem that @grogu reported. I have fixed it now and updated the post above. The driver will have version 1.0.2.

And you mentioned removing the extended driver. You won't be able to use that with devices that need the KoboTouch348 driver. For the older devices it will work, but not for the Libra 2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:17 PM   #35
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

@davidfor Thank you so much!! Will go play momentarily. Were the errors something that I messed up by deleting vs uninstalling? Oops!
Advert
Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@davidfor Thank you so much!! Will go play momentarily. Were the errors something that I messed up by deleting vs uninstalling? Oops!
No, the errors were mine. I fixed the problem that @grogu reported, but either missed another error, or broke something else. Overall, I had inconsistently named variables and didn't fix all of them.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:39 PM   #37
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Is there a Kindle-like app for Kobo books?

I have a Mac mini desktop computer and find the Kindle app very helpful to read and store my own library of Kindle books however I can't find a similar application for epub formatted books. I was given a Kobo Libra 2 and look forward to going Kobo again. I used a Kobo eReader a few years ago and I remember having something like that to store and organize the epub books I bought from Sony, Google, Kobo, etc.

Any tip would be appreciated.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:14 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I have a Mac mini desktop computer and find the Kindle app very helpful to read and store my own library of Kindle books however I can't find a similar application for epub formatted books. I was given a Kobo Libra 2 and look forward to going Kobo again. I used a Kobo eReader a few years ago and I remember having something like that to store and organize the epub books I bought from Sony, Google, Kobo, etc.
Calibre?

Or ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) for anything with Adobe DRM, though it can be used for other books.

There are others, but, calibre exceeds my needs and I haven't looked elsewhere for a long time. They would probably be found with a search for "ebook management".
Old 01-27-2022, 07:34 PM   #39
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Calibre?

Or ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) for anything with Adobe DRM, though it can be used for other books.

There are others, but, calibre exceeds my needs and I haven't looked elsewhere for a long time. They would probably be found with a search for "ebook management".
Thank you. I'd forgotten Adobe. It's the one I used to use.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #40
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, the errors were mine. I fixed the problem that @grogu reported, but either missed another error, or broke something else. Overall, I had inconsistently named variables and didn't fix all of them.
Thank you again. It’s very much appreciated. It’s working to add the series order to my books. I’m grateful. The only thing it’s not doing, which I don’t know if it’s me or just not part of 3.48, is it’s not actually putting books into the various collections.

It’s not a big deal overall because it’s only relevant when I have to sign out of the reader to reset things or now when I got the new reader. I can deal with putting them in collections if the trade off is showing the series order.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you again. It’s very much appreciated. It’s working to add the series order to my books. I’m grateful. The only thing it’s not doing, which I don’t know if it’s me or just not part of 3.48, is it’s not actually putting books into the various collections.

It’s not a big deal overall because it’s only relevant when I have to sign out of the reader to reset things or now when I got the new reader. I can deal with putting them in collections if the trade off is showing the series order.
The collection management should work if it is configured properly. And looking at the logs you posted, there is this line::

Code:
DEBUG:   29.4 KoboTouch:books - driver options= Driver:KOBOTOUCH348, Options - format_map: [u'kepub', u'epub', u'pdf', u'txt', u'cbz', u'cbr'], use_subdirs: True, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| -  #|  }, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: True, collections_columns: , create_collections: True, delete_empty_collections: False, ignore_collections_names: , upload_covers: True, dithered_covers: False, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: True, letterbox_fs_covers: False, png_covers: False, show_archived_books: False, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_core_metadata: False, update_purchased_kepubs: False, update_device_metadata: True, update_subtitle: False, subtitle_template: , modify_css: False, override_kobo_replace_existing: True, support_newer_firmware: False, debugging_title: , driver_version: 1.0.1
That is a dump of the driver options. The highlighted section are the options for the collection management. They say you have enabled collection management, but have not set a column to use for the collections (the bit in red). That means that collections will not be created or changed on the device as the driver does not know what to use to create them.

You need to set the columns that you want to use for collections in the driver configuration. As you were using this with other devices, you should copy the configuration from the driver you were using before.
Old 01-29-2022, 01:09 PM   #42
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

It’s clearly been a loooong time since I set this up that I totally forgot how to do that or even what to check for. LOL But I got it. Thank you again. You’ve been wonderful & so very helpful. Thank you for what you do.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #43
grogu
Nope
grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, kindle 3? with kb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to check the version in message #2326 of the KoboTouchExtended thread.

As an alternative, you could check the Github page for the KoboTouchExtended releases. V3.4.4 is the last one that shows a calibre 3 version as the minimum.
Yay! I was looking for a working version of the kepuboutput plugin! So glad you posted this!
grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #44
grogu
Nope
grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, kindle 3? with kb
For some reason now calibre won't accept any kepubs I drag and drop or add via folders. I looked at all my settings I can't figure it out!

Edit: For some reason it just converts any kepub I try to drag in or add back to epub. And if there's an epub it complains about duplicates... I can't see anything in my settings that's causing it to do this...

Last edited by grogu; 02-04-2022 at 04:32 PM.
grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:27 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogu View Post
For some reason now calibre won't accept any kepubs I drag and drop or add via folders. I looked at all my settings I can't figure it out!

Edit: For some reason it just converts any kepub I try to drag in or add back to epub. And if there's an epub it complains about duplicates... I can't see anything in my settings that's causing it to do this...
Huh? The first paragraph says you can't add kepubs, the second says that you can, but, the get converted. Which is it?

For the auto adding, check that in the Automatic adding preferences, you have not selected to ignore the kepub format. I know I misread this option the first time and assumed it was setting the formats to import.

The conversion is simple. Either, you are adding books that are ".kepub.epub", which, as far as calibre is concerned, are epubs. Hence the book will be added as an ePub. Or, you have the options set to automatically convert to epub when the books is added.