Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi from Winnipeg

Hi everybody! I'm a newbie to readers and currently living in Winnipeg, Canada. Just got my first Reader - a Sony 505 - and so far am really happy with it.
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome to MobileRead karinc.

I'm glad you're enjoying your PRS-505.

WetDogEared (WDE)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi karinc and welcome to MobileRead. I keep telling the moderators we shouldn't allow any more of you Canadians to join till you stop sending those Alberta Clippers down here. But, do they listen, eh???
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

Glad you're liking your 505 (it's a great device )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, karinc!

Be sure and check out all the free ebooks you can download for your 505 in either the lrf or epub formats right here ar MR. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
karinc
Enthusiast

I downloaded some books from this site (yippee!!) and am reading War of the Worlds (which is entirely different than any of the popular/modern versions I know, of course). I haven't read this much in YEARS. My Reader goes with me EVERYWHERE. I'm scouting cases for it (you know that Amazon.com won't ship ebook readers or CASES over the border to Canada? argh. Apparently the cases are considered "electronic" and fall into the same categroy. argh.)

;0)

Karin
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Yes, Welcome Karine!

I'm reading more than ever too. I had read War of the Worlds a few years ago. I bought a book of HG Wells' stuff in hardcover because of the popular price. I was floored at how good of a book it was. As much as I like it, I have to admit that they did a great job in the recent Tom Cruise movie. My wife still has nightmares from it, and when I re-watch the DVD in the living room, she locks herself in our room so as not to hear that noise the walkers make!

Thanks to free public domain books, I'm discovering some great English literature. I'm especially liking Charles Dickens. My vocabulary is growing too, thanks to being able to look up the old English words so easily.

I'm also finding myself becoming a bit less social (except here) because I'm so greedy about my reading time.

Enjoy the wide world of eBook reading. I know I am.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
karinc
Enthusiast

Haven't watched the Tom Cruise movie. I'll have to check that out. I don't have the version with the dictionary, but for the older books it would be a good idea. I am also struck by the historical angle - the fact that the Martians arrived by rocket and were learning "how to fly" -- because at the time of its writing, air travel hadn't been invented yet. Also some words meant something different back then, most notably (and amusingly) "ejaculate" which meant to say something quickly and suddenly: "He heard footsteps running to and fro in the rooms, and up and down stairs behind him. His landlady came to the door, loosely wrapped in dressing gown and shawl; her husband followed ejaculating."