Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
dafire
dafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS505, Kindle DXi
book designer problem

Hi,

I just installed Book Designer at home (followed the wiki page) and it's nearly working perfectly.. I can do nearly everything but "Make eBooks"->"Sony Reader (lrf)" is not working.

When I select that or press this button in the toolbar just nothing happens. All other menu options in "Make eBooks" work, just the first one not

Anyone an idea ?

Bastian
dafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you on Vista? if so please go read message #125 in the following thread....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
dafire
dafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enoughdafire will become famous soon enough

yeah.. I did all this and it's still not working .(

I don't get any error message.. it's just doing nothing.

Last edited by dafire; 03-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try removing everything you have running on system start up and see if it works. If it does, then try adding it all back in one program at a time.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Probably a silly question as you followed the wiki, but I assume that you copied and pasted all the upgrade files to overwrite the initial install?
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
dafire

yes... also it's working now on my computer at work (the same vista version) ... really don't know what's different at home

I'll edit them at home now and export them to sony format at work until I find it out .9
Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Have you created the directories that you might need that re not there? Some have said that under vista you need to create certain directories. Have a read here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=125
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
dafire

yes.. the lastfile thing is also working.. all conversion except sony reader are working .. (it not even shows the option dialog where you can change font and stuff)

I thought about creating fb2 books first and then a converte from fb2 to lrf .. but I didn't try that yet .)

Tags
bookdesigner