Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 01:47 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Kobo Clara – $100 at Walmart

On sale again...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Clar...ctedSellerId=0

In North Richland Hills, TX, these are available for one day free delivery. So they must actually be in stock.

Last edited by rcentros; 07-07-2020 at 02:40 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
If you preordered a Nia you must be feeling like a doofus right about now.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you preordered a Nia you must be feeling like a doofus right about now.
Yeah. If the Claras are going to sell for $100 semi-regularly (and/or when in stock) at Walmart, the Nias are going to have to sell for $70 or $80 semi-regularly to make any sense. Of course I'm beginning to think the Kobo Nia is a mythical creature.

And speaking of this mythical creature...

Walmart (America) now has at least two of the Nia covers listed (not available for order yet) for $20.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Nia-...emon/134689161

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Nia-...Aqua/872180026

You can't find them with a search on Walmart. You have to use Google. Meanwhile they've disappeared from Walmart Canada.

The Kobo Nia Cheese Shop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1JWzyvv8A

Last edited by rcentros; 07-07-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yeah. If the Claras are going to sell for $100 semi-regularly (and/or when in stock) at Walmart, the Nias are going to have to sell for $70 or $80 semi-regularly to make any sense. Of course I'm beginning to think the Kobo Nia is a mythical creature.
I tend to think of the Nia as the same as the Kindle Basic. A reader that is less nice than my current one, so not one I'm interested in. I assume the pricing will be competitive (though the screen is nicer).

Quote:
Walmart (America) now has at least two of the Nia covers listed (not available for order yet) for $20.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Nia-...emon/134689161
I like the happy lemon cover. I don't usually like covers that cover the bezel, but this one looks nice.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:59 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I tend to think of the Nia as the same as the Kindle Basic. A reader that is less nice than my current one, so not one I'm interested in. I assume the pricing will be competitive (though the screen is nicer).
I have the Aura 2, but mostly use it as a "gateway" to Overdrive for the other Kobos. I actually like the 6.8" (old) Aura HD best. So far I like a 6.8" screen but not a 7.8" one.

Quote:
I like the happy lemon cover. I don't usually like covers that cover the bezel, but this one looks nice.
I kind of like it also, and I do like covers that cover the bezel. There's also a slew of Tolino Page 2 covers to choose from (especially if you live in Europe).

(Also, sorry about missing your point in one of your posts. Always assume it was me skimming too fast, not you being unclear.)
Advert
Old 07-10-2020, 10:09 PM   #6
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for the tip! The USB plug on my beloved 1st gen Aura recently started to fail, so I decided to spring for a new ereader as a birthday present to myself. Talk about perfect timing. Looks like I got in my order just before the price went back up. My new Clara should be arriving tomorrow. Can't beat free two-day shipping!
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote