Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Classic to STR

My wife ordered me a Nook Touch and it should be here in a day or two. I have a question for anyone who made the classic-touch switch.

All my books are currently loaded on an SD card. Does anyone know if I will be able to just move the SD card from one device to the other or will I have to format the card and reload everything?

Thanks in advance.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
You don't have to reformat the card. Just take it out of the old nook and put it in the new one.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Will you keep all your last read page info if you move the memory card?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
My guess is that you will not. The memory card only holds ebooks, not the settings files. So no, your last read page infos will not be transfered.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypresstwist View Post
My guess is that you will not. The memory card only holds ebooks, not the settings files. So no, your last read page infos will not be transfered.
I can confirm that. But if you make a note of what page you are on in each title, flipping through pages to get to a point is super fast now. Just hold down the beazel button and let it go. The nice, rubberized, won't crack now beazel button.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Yup, the new nook recognized all the books on the sd card right away. It did not remember the last page read.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote