Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2023, 10:19 AM   #721
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I took a "problem" PDF that was taking 5 seconds or longer to do a page turn even when converted to KFX and converted the PDF to a comic book. I loaded it onto the Kindle, and the page turns are very fast now. But it's not searchable any more. The file size also grew from 20 MB to 191 MB.

I was hoping Kindle Create could make a searchable OCR layer.
What tool did you use to do this? Did you then use SendToKindle to send it to your kindle, or do you have to sideload to get it on? (I like backing up my documents in my account)

Thanks!
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:03 PM   #722
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxGirl View Post
What tool did you use to do this? Did you then use SendToKindle to send it to your kindle, or do you have to sideload to get it on? (I like backing up my documents in my account)

Thanks!
Kindle Create
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2024, 04:28 AM   #723
bogdan
bogdan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hi all,

Weird thing happened after upgrading my Kindle Scribe to 5.16.6. When connecting it to Calibre it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I'm almost unable to transfer anything to the device now.

Have you seen this too?
bogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:06 AM   #724
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
I can test tonight once I update. Are you on Windows. Mac or Linux?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:13 AM   #725
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
Hi all,

Weird thing happened after upgrading my Kindle Scribe to 5.16.6. When connecting it to Calibre it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I'm almost unable to transfer anything to the device now.

Have you seen this too?
I've been having a lot of computer problems, so haven't followed up on this specifically to any of the Calibre forums. Wanted to get my system stable first.

I know that in the previous update the connection on my Scribe went from USB to MTP format. From what I can tell, Windows doesn't play nice with MTP at times.

My computer would see the device, but couldn't access the system files. When it did, it took ages.

You might want to check to see if your connection switched to MTP.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2024, 01:06 PM   #726
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Windows has supported MTP since forever. There should not be any issues with it. My 12 year old Windows system (W10Pro) has no problems navigating folders with File Explorer.

If you have not updated calibre for awhile (say more than 8 months) then you may need to do so.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 02:35 PM   #727
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Since Zune & Windows 98 at least.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 05:57 PM   #728
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Windows has supported MTP since forever. There should not be any issues with it. My 12 year old Windows system (W10Pro) has no problems navigating folders with File Explorer.

If you have not updated calibre for awhile (say more than 8 months) then you may need to do so.
Now with new memory, reinstall of Windows 11, update of MTP driver (shows date of 2006), Calibre 7.3... and Windows sees the device, but can't see inside. (So I can't manually upate it) and Calibre trying to get book list from device pulls up error, part of which says...

calibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:337:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] The requested value cannot be determined.: s10001

Same on my hubby's computer. We see it, but can't do a thing with it.

And we've been so busy trying to get my new stuff up and running it's been way back on the list to worry about.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:16 PM   #729
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
update of MTP driver (shows date of 2006)
Huh? Where are you getting this ancient driver from?

My install on Windows 11 handles MTP with no added driver.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:24 PM   #730
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Huh? Where are you getting this ancient driver from?

My install on Windows 11 handles MTP with no added driver.
I have no idea if the version number is current, just noticed the date linked with it.

Even with fresh install of windows, no reading inside the Scribe, and no connection with Calibre.

And it was fine until the last update, then Scribe went from USB to MTP. Same day problem.

Properties on the Kindle Scribe...

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.22621.2506
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

However old it is, Windows says it's an up-to-date driver.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:48 PM   #731
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Properties on the Kindle Scribe...

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.22621.2506
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

However old it is, Windows says it's an up-to-date driver.
I connected an Android device to my Windows 11 system and I see the same version information. Strange that it is so old.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:50 PM   #732
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I connected Scribe to a very new Windows 11 Pro system, no issues.

Same version information in Device Manager. The Events tab shows service being added (first time I've connected it to this computer).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 7.48.23 PM.png
Views:	51
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	205859  
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:05 PM   #733
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I connected Scribe to a very new Windows 11 Pro system, no issues.

Same version information in Device Manager. The Events tab shows service being added (first time I've connected it to this computer).
What size scribe do you have?

I have the 64GB and load them up heavily. I'm aware that there may be too much on it for the programs to handle. I usually find out the hard way, then factory reboot and reinstall.

Just strange, through, for the connection problems to happen on the day it updated.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:45 PM   #734
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Just strange, through, for the connection problems to happen on the day it updated.
If I recall correctly, the update changed the Scribe from a USB mass storage connection to a MTP connection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:49 PM   #735
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If I recall correctly, the update changed the Scribe from a USB mass storage connection to a MTP connection.
Yeah, that's when I noticed a problem afterwards.

I might have dug more into it, but my whole system was acting funky, so was hoping a new one would fix the problem.

Nope.

Windows can see the Kindle, but seems confused as to what's inside.