Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
notech
notech began at the beginning.

Device: kpw3
any way jailbreak on 5.8.10?

i download https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877

and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291336

it doesn't work . issue 16
notech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #2
anhyeuviolet
Reset
anhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PaperWhite Manga
PW3-4, PW3-32, fw-5.8.9.0.1 software jailbreak
=> Are you on 5.8.9.0.1 ?

Software Jailbreak for PW2, PW3(B), PW3W, KT2, KT3(B), KT3W, KV, and KOA
=>
Quote:
If the third field of your firmware version number: 5.8.7.0.1 is larger than 7 this jail break will not work on your device.
That means it will not work on: 5.8.8, 5.8.9, 5.8.10, ..., 5.8.99999999.
=> FW 5.8.10 cannot be jb-ed.
anhyeuviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Might as well install 5.8.11 as 5.8.10 cannot be jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by notech View Post
Issue 16 translates to: "User unable to read directions."

The second paragraph of the introduction says:
Quote:
Will this jail break work on my current firmware?
If the third field of your firmware version number: 5.8.7.0.1 is larger than 7 this jail break will not work on your device.
That means it will not work on: 5.8.8, 5.8.9, 5.8.10, ..., 5.8.99999999.
Please do not even think of asking if this message still means what is written. The message is kept current.
What part of that are you having trouble with?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by notech View Post
Simple answer. Always read before downloading. It can save headaches.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
pins
pins began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 4GB
knc1 -- with greatest respect, agree the message is quite clear...however despite carefully reading the entire page before proceeding it was not clear to me (probably would be to others less eager and more studious) that no downgrade was possible with 5.10.X.X firmware on the PW3-32. Carefully checked the serial number as directed in the software jailbreak post but the linked document does not distinguish between PW3 and PW3-32, serial G090G1XXXX was depicted as a simple PW3. Fully acknowledge, should have done further research before proceeding: completely on me. Please continue your outstanding work. Perhaps a small PW3-32 note on the software jailbreak checklist could save other eager but rather stupid noobs like me from my mistake. Bric'd with update to 5.7.4....
pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:26 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pins View Post
-----
Perhaps a small PW3-32 note on the software jailbreak checklist could save other eager but rather stupid noobs like me from my mistake. Bric'd with update to 5.7.4....
The ONLY thing posted here about a PW3-32 jailbreak:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291336
Quote:
Step #4:
Use this file:
https://www.adrive.com/public/yatbhy..._5.8.9.0.1.bin
This will "update" ("update" is the label on the button, not the action) your firmware from "customer" 5.8.9.0.1 to "factory" 5.8.9.0.1

Step #5:
As written.

Step #6:
Use this file:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4

Step #7:
This will return your device to a "customer" firmware build.

PW3-4Gbyte:
You can chose any customer firmware Amazon has posted for your PW3
The ones listed in the spoiler or newer (including 5.8.11)
- - -
PW3-32Gbyte:
DO NOT use any of the firmware links in the step #7 spoiler, they are all too old to run the 32Gbyte model.
Get a 5.8.9.2 or newer firmware from Amazon. ( 5.8.10 or 5.8.11 are also ok).

Step #8:
As written.
How much clear can that be written?

The forum software at this site limits changes to a post to the owner or a moderator (with that permission).
That includes the sticky first post of the jail break index thread.

This forum has not had an active moderator here in over a year.
This forum has not had the support of the site operator(s) for over 2 and a half years, more like 3 years.
It seems to me that the only reason Alex hasn't shut this forum down, is that he hasn't found the time.
One easy place to spot that lack is the prefix dropdown list (which requires a site level moderator to change) -
There is no support for 8th and 9th generation Kindles.

So once something is posted here, if anything happens to the author, that information remains visible regardless of how correct or current it is.
The owner of post you want changed is now in the terminal stages of Kidney cancer.
I don't expect him to get off of his death bed and make any changes in the post.
(when I write "deathbed" I mean that literally (although he can sometimes still get out of bed), most of his time is now spent semi-comatose from pain killers)

Last edited by knc1; 01-01-2018 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
knc1 -- with greatest respect, agree the message is quite clear...however despite carefully reading the entire page before proceeding it was not clear to me (probably would be to others less eager and more studious) that no downgrade was possible with 5.10.X.X firmware on the PW3-32. Carefully checked the serial number as directed in the software jailbreak post but the linked document does not distinguish between PW3 and PW3-32, serial G090G1XXXX was depicted as a simple PW3. Fully acknowledge, should have done further research before proceeding: completely on me. Please continue your outstanding work. Perhaps a small PW3-32 note on the software jailbreak checklist could save other eager but rather stupid noobs like me from my mistake. Bric'd with update to 5.7.4....
Hi. I have read all the jailbreak threads. Not a one of them from the original developer says 5.8.10 can be jailbroken. All say no.
Use caution reading future posts with very simple instructions. I do believe only certain countries have the ability to do anything with that firmware. This is due to laws in those countries.

Please note: as knc1 said, everyone is pretty much no longer available due to either having an offline life or imminent death in one case.
Note:knc1 is not exactly a young man himself.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #9
pins

Thanks to all for the education, and deepest sympathies for those suffering.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - - -
the linked document does not distinguish between PW3 and PW3-32, serial G090G1XXXX was depicted as a simple PW3.
A Kindle with the serial number prefix G090G1 is a PW3 with 4Gbyte of user storage. (a.k.a: PW3 or PW3-4)
A Kindle with the serial number prefix of G090LK or G090LLis a PW3 with 32Gbyte of user storage. (a.k.a: PW3-32)
Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

There is no known version of serial number prefix G090G1 with 32Gbytes of user storage.

If you have one, please provide a screenshot of the "Device Info" panel in the "Settings" section of the menu.
(You take a screenshot using a finger of each hand (total two) simultaneously touching diagonally opposite corners of the screen).

Last edited by knc1; 01-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #11
pins

knc1 -- sir. Unable to get a screenshot as the device is bricked with an error two. I checked the numbers in device info before changing the firmware, and copied them down. They matched the numbers on the package, here's what it reported:
2929620018 & G090G10574320K61

It also reported 31.XXX GB of available storage in the Device Info section. Packaging indicated the device was from Brazil, but it was delivered to Texas. Have wrapped it up to send it back for repair.

Respectfully.

Last edited by pins; 01-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
knc1 -- sir. Unable to get a screenshot as the device is bricked with an error two. I checked the numbers in device info before changing the firmware, and copied them down. They matched the numbers on the package, here's what it reported:
2929620018 & G090G10574320K61

It also reported 31.XXX GB of available storage in the Device Info section. Packaging indicated the device was from Brazil, but it was delivered to Texas. Have wrapped it up to send it back for repair.

Respectfully.
That is exceptionally strange.
I will make it a point to ask future users the details of their PW-3 - - maybe we can find another one of these misidentified devices.
I am sorry that it took me a few days to realize your questions where not just a matter of understanding our nickname system.

Hopefully you will get one that isn't a "re-cycled" return.
One where a jail break is certain to succeed.

PM me when you know what the replacement's ship date is.

Last edited by knc1; 01-05-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 AM   #13
mcdull
mcdull began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 32GB
I also had my replacement PW3-32G (it is a standard G090 LL).
Unlike the previous unit, this one comes straight with 5.8.10 (2302090019)
AFAIK, it is new from factory. So it is a no-go for Jailbreak. And an indication that future coming G090 LL is highly likely not jailbreakable.

Anyway, I just put the update partial directory in it just in case if there are any news for this device.

Last edited by mcdull; 01-06-2018 at 07:10 AM.
mcdull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
I also had my replacement PW3-32G (it is a standard G090 LL).
Unlike the previous unit, this one comes straight with 5.8.10 (2302090019)
AFAIK, it is new from factory. So it is a no-go for Jailbreak. And an indication that future coming G090 LL is highly likely not jailbreakable.

Anyway, I just put the update partial directory in it just in case if there are any news for this device.
The question here is the user above reported that their G090 G1 had 32Gbyte of storage.
Your LL is one of the two known 32gbyte storage models.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #15
pins

No problem, will do, and thank you!