Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
phmadore
phmadore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Post SOLUTION FOR ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS & SONY EBOOK LIBRARY DILEMMA

Sorry for the caps, gents, but I'm sure there are plenty of Mac users out there looking for the solution to this conundrum.

Yes, it's quite annoying that we waited so long for the Sony eBook Library to come out for Mac and then when it came out it was incompatible (or seemed to be) with Adobe Digital Editions, one of the major formats out there. Well, in fact, or anyway it seems to me, Adobe is at fault!

It's not Sony's fault that Adobe Digital Editions fails to recognize your Sony Reader on the Mac.

It is to Sony's credit, however, that in your Mac Sony eBook Library Software you can now import the files from the Adobe Digital Editions. Here's how with a picture to show you the process.

In eBook Library go to File > Import Files. On my computer they were located under Documents > Digital Editions. Actually I only have one to date, but anyway, that's where Adobe stores them. When you import it, it will ask you a few things, for instance to authorize with your Adobe account and so forth. This stuff is all automated, and if anyone would like to post pictures of their first time going through this process (for the benefit of others), that'd be a good thing.

Well, there you have it. Once the book was transferred to my eBook Library I was able to put it on my PRS-505 with no problem.

Here's the beautiful result (Cormac McCarthy's The Road purchased at Shortcovers via Adobe Digital Editions):

Happy about this. Not quite ready to let this old piece of hardware go.

Hope this helps people!
phmadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
masmullin
masmullin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sony
Thank you

Thank you so very very much!!!
masmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
ADE will recognize your Sony if you have the Sony software also installed. (At least that is the plan.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Not on mine it doesn't.
In fact neither ADE nor Sony Reader sees my 505. No idea why, every now and then the Sony will see it, but then stops. I then have to fully uninstall the reader software and many re-installs later it will see it, for a period. Adobe told me that ADE for MAC will not see the Sony and so far it hasn't.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote