Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 04:22 PM   #1
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Problems sideloading books to Kindle Scribe

I have a Mac and I use my Scribe strictly for reading. I have my total library of some 2,000+ books on the device and it normally takes about 12 minutes for Calibre to recognize all the books so that I can sideload a new book.

Occasionally, though, there is a fruitless delay in the process. I've let it run 30 minutes or so before giving up because nothing seems to be happening.

Attempts to stop the process on Calibre just gives me a message that it can't stop the job while the device is connected, even though I've disconnected it. And then I have to do a force quit to get Calibre to stop the job.

Any thoughts on why I have the problem with Calibre?

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
MTP the protcol the scribe uses is very flaky. I really wouldnt recommend managing large libraries on device with it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert