Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-14-2022, 01:25 AM   #16
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trel View Post
My only real reason for mentioning it was to give sort of a background info for why I wanted to set up the device in this specific way.
Then do as you say.
Boox devices allow it.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 02:28 PM   #17
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I'm a big fan of the Poke3. You can do many things without rooting, you can do more with rooting.

I think that we all want our devices in a "specific way". It's a question of effort.
You can install a stock launcher without rooting. I just get tired of home launcher pages where if you sneeze sideways all the icons get rearranged, where if you touch it somewhere it will offer to change the wallpaper. So I wrote my own launcher. There's no fluff here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lunch.png
Views:	122
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	192379  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 11:56 PM   #18
Trel
Connoisseur
Trel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
Just wanted to follow up.

I did end up getting the Poke3 and so far I've not yet had to root it.

I'm using Simple Ink Launcher, Amaze File Manager and FBReader.

Every issue I have with that setup is minor

Only things that could get better are if Amaze had a page option rather than a scroll option, and if Simple Ink Launcher could have a whitelist icon mode vs the blacklist one it does have.
Trel is offline   Reply With Quote