Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #31
billmax
billmax began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
I found a solution on how to set Calibre as the default .epub reader.
Right Click on any .epub file. Select Properties. Next to OPENS WITH click on CHANGE.
A new window will open "How do you want to open .epub files from now on?" I scrolled down and selected Calibre and Applied the Change. Now when I click on any .epub file Calbre opens. Finally. Thanks for all the comments and help.
billmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmax View Post
I found a solution on how to set Calibre as the default .epub reader.
Right Click on any .epub file. Select Properties. Next to OPENS WITH click on CHANGE.
A new window will open "How do you want to open .epub files from now on?" I scrolled down and selected Calibre and Applied the Change. Now when I click on any .epub file Calbre opens. Finally. Thanks for all the comments and help.
I was just about to say the same. I have the same issue you do, but it is because I use calibre portable which never registers file types it can handle. Glad you sorted it out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 05:37 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I followed all the instructions above and still no go. I am using Windows 10 PRO version Number: 1903 Build number: 18362.329 Aug 1019. God Mode does not work and in JSWolf's instructions line 5 is missing in my settings.
I'm using my Surface Pro 2 that still have Windows 10 1803 on it. My laptop that has 1903 on it from August 2019 is not available now. I'll test out my directions and God Mode once I'm in front of my laptop.

But for now, my directions do work for 1803. I did double check.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm using my Surface Pro 2 that still have Windows 10 1803 on it. My laptop that has 1903 on it from August 2019 is not available now. I'll test out my directions and God Mode once I'm in front of my laptop.
For what it's worth God Mode works on 1903 and on the latest Insider Preview build though I did not test all the functions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what it's worth God Mode works on 1903 and on the latest Insider Preview build though I did not test all the functions.
Thanks. That answers that question.
Advert
Old 09-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I followed all the instructions above and still no go. I am using Windows 10 PRO version Number: 1903 Build number: 18362.329 Aug 1019. God Mode does not work and in JSWolf's instructions line 5 is missing in my settings.
Step 5 is still there in Windows 10 1903. I just followed my directions and they still work as written.

Tags
calibre, file association, god mode, windows 10