Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-12-2023, 12:22 PM   #1
TigeroftheStripe
TigeroftheStripe began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iMac
Hello!

I've just joined. I've been using InDesign for years, but recently I've been typesetting some books using LaTeX which have come out very well for the printed versions. However, the ebooks are proving more difficult than I expected. For simple setting, Pandoc is a good way to turn a LaTeX file into an ePub3. You can do a bit more with Tex4ebook, but it needs a lot of extra work in Calibre or Sigil. I've almost managed to sort out my latest ebook but there are still some problems. I embedded a .ttf font and an .otf one and they display in Calibre and Kindle Preview but only the .otf font displays in Apple Books. The footnotes don't seem to work as they should in Kindle, whilst they are fine in Apple books.
TigeroftheStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:10 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

You'll probably want to visit the Workshop subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=178
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
apple, epub3, fonts, kindle, latex