Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
vim for kindle

Hi there,

I've install vim with ipkg and using myts, I added to the path in my profile. I am wondering where to put the .vimrc file as it doesn't seems to work in the myts directory. Also anyone has tried plugin like vim wiki or similar on the kindle? and how about color scheme?
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaru View Post
Hi there,

I've install vim with ipkg and using myts, I added to the path in my profile. I am wondering where to put the .vimrc file as it doesn't seems to work in the myts directory. Also anyone has tried plugin like vim wiki or similar on the kindle? and how about color scheme?
The home directory for the user you are running as needs to be in read/write memory.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

hum well I just aliased vim to vim -u .vimrc anyhow, but if anyone as plugin / colorscheme experience with vim on kindle I'd love to hear from you
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
damaru
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The home directory for the user you are running as needs to be in read/write memory.
myts runs as root... but the aliase works well
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
myts runs as root... but the aliase works well
Directions in the KUAL.system info about moving the home directory of root.
Solve all these issues at once, rather than one application at a time.
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
damaru
Enthusiast

I looked around the kual, do you mean that with Kual installed I can easily change the root directory to the mounted writable partition? I haven't experienced with Kual at this point.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I looked around the kual, do you mean that with Kual installed I can easily change the root directory to the mounted writable partition? I haven't experienced with Kual at this point.
No, I mean that the KUAL.system directions contain directions for moving **NOT** the file system root but the home directory of the system administrator, whose **USER NAME** is: 'root'.

NOTE: KUAL.system is just that, the application system portion of the KUAL project. NOT the KUAL launcher itself or the KUAL.buttons portion of the KUAL project.

As in:
http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/forum/kual/
and:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah.. what he said.

Or manually...

http://kual.knetconnect.com/kindles-...g-custom-apps/
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipkg, kindle, vim