Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
Revan
Revan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question Not able to select Koreader via Nickel...?

Hej everyone!

For my Aura One, I tried to install Koreader for better PDF view. So I installed the latest version of KSM (with the patch needed), and it worked fine. Then I tried to copy the Koreader files into the ".add"-folder. At that time I didn't get that "extract the folder" means "copy the folder". I thought it meant "copy the contents of the folder", so I copied all the files into the .add folder. Directly thereafter, I tried to start koreader via the koreader icon in nickel...

Two things happened:
-koreader doesn't work. I tried to delete the files from the .add folder it and try again the right way, but still it doesnt work.
-the icons in nickel stopped working, they just show the picture.

If anyone could tell me how to fix my mistake, I would be very glad! Would uninstalling everything an then trying it again the right way be enough? If so, is there a guide, threat or something reliable and understandable for people like me?

Best Regards!
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Actions like starting KOReader and exiting Nickel will only work if you started Nickel from KSM. By default KSM switches between booting into KSM and booting into Nickel.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
You have to copy the KOReader folder with all its files and subdirectory structure intact into the .adds folder.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, installation, koreader