Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
Jonnan001
Jonnan001 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS950
Calibre: Setting subtitles

Apologies - I feel I must be missing something obvious, and the very few threads I've found reference using the format 'Title : Subtitle (...)' and that doesn't seem to do anything.

Reorganizing my books from an older (0.98) version of Calibre, really like the new Cover generation system. Except for the longer Title Subtitle combos I have on a lot of older 'Gutenberg' e-books.

After manually editing the title fonts to smaller, I noticed the 'Cover Generation Settings' dialogue (Screenshot attached) has an option for a separate smaller subtitle font.

"Great - I'll use *that*!" he said excitedly!

Except, I'm not finding there's anyway to actually use that. Formatting the Title with ' : ' or ' - ' (and variations thereof) to indicate there's a subtitle does nothing, nor am I finding a field to move that too. Yet there it is in the interface, sticking it's tongue out and giggling that I could really make these Covers pretty and consistent if only I wasn't missing something obvious.

Any help appreciated, Thanks

Jonnan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Wars.png
Views:	717
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	156007  
Jonnan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You can determine how the title and subtitle are generated. Look in the "Text" tab.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Since Subtitle is not a standard field, it must come from a custom column
(what is labeled as Sub Title, is really (Series}. But I think you can use a custom Column (field) eg. #subtitle

OR

It is just a Title (FOPP) if it is in that column
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, noob, subtitles