Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-12-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
Want2read
Want2read began at the beginning.

Device: Bayou
From Likebook Mars to Likebook Ares. Worth it?

Hi,
I am transitioning from classic ereaders to eink android devices.

Just got my hands in a Likebook Mars, but was curious about the Ares.
Would be worth the upgrade?
Any links to check specs and software differences?

I know Ares has stylus and wacom, but wondering if i should upgrade (price aside).

The stylus is appealing, but would like now if there are more benefits, like performance and apps.

I also know Onyx also makes similar tablets (nova to nova pro?)
If anyone has advice about those , I would welcome it as well.
May consider that brand too

Thanks so much
Want2read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2read View Post
Just got my hands in a Likebook Mars, but was curious about the Ares.
Would be worth the upgrade?
I sold my Likebook Mars and got an ARES - I like it better because of the flat surface, it has USB-C with USB-OTG, it works with 4 TB hard disks, and the pen enables handwritten notes to be inserted into PDF files.
My Ares has formatted a Samsung Evo plus 512 GB SD card as internal storage - SD card change is not as easy as with Mars, because the card is in the device via tray.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Lightbulb SD Card Usage: Mars vs Ares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
SD card change is not as easy as with Mars, because the card is in the device via tray.
Considering the normal wear and tear of such a device, isn't that actually a safer approach to SD card usage?

I dare say that SD card as mass media storage device for a reader shouldn't be a quick/frequent swap in/swap out proposition... or am I missing something here?

Kindly yours,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
Want2read
Want2read began at the beginning.

Device: Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I sold my Likebook Mars and got an ARES - I like it better because of the flat surface, it has USB-C with USB-OTG, it works with 4 TB hard disks, and the pen enables handwritten notes to be inserted into PDF files.
My Ares has formatted a Samsung Evo plus 512 GB SD card as internal storage - SD card change is not as easy as with Mars, because the card is in the device via tray.
Can i ask you which app you are using for pdf files?
Which other apps are you using in general?

Thanks
Want2read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2read View Post
Can i ask you which app you are using for pdf files?
Boyue App[/QUOTE]Which other apps are you using in general? [/QUOTE]For reading, Calibre Companion and AlReader, Golden Dict, for cbr Perfect Viewer, Office - Docs To Go
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert