Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Two articles on digital reading

I found a couple articles yesterday, and they were quite a pleasant surprise. The articles are neither Kaufman's "ebooks are a digital holocaust" nor are they the usual "smell of books" nonsense. I had trouble summarizing them because they both use the word e-reading, which for me is pain akin to nails on a chalkboard.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2009/...ure-of-reading

http://papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ading-emerson/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
They both seem to be good articles, but I wasn't able to read all of the one on the Christian Science Monitor site. Evidently you need a subscription to read the entire article.

I don't feel the term "e-reading" is quite like nails on a blackboard, but the "e-" is unnecessary and cumbersome. Reading is reading.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I like this image its like a adds from sony,
read a book in subway, in bus, at street and no one will know which is the title or the autor.
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
At least they did not use the term "Screading"!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...but I wasn't able to read all of the one on the Christian Science Monitor site. Evidently you need a subscription to read the entire article....
Odd; I was able to read it all but I don't have a subscription. Did you get some kind of error message?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Odd; I was able to read it all but I don't have a subscription. Did you get some kind of error message?
I was just now able to view the entire article, which is odd, considering that the first couple of times I tried, every time I clicked for page 2 I was sent to a page asking me to subscribe.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I was just now able to view the entire article, which is odd, considering that the first couple of times I tried, every time I clicked for page 2 I was sent to a page asking me to subscribe.
Computers--can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em.

I'm glad you finally got to read the article. I thought it was pretty interesting.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote