Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
goonjm
goonjm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Page Error Message on Secure ePub

Hi guys,

New to the forum having just picked up my PRS-505 today (after reading lots and lots of threads on this forum). Very impressed so far and all seems to work ok, with the exception of one really annoying problem.

I bought 3 secure ePubs from booksonboard.com last night and have successfully downloaded and viewed them all in Adobe Secure Editions. I copied all three books to the 505 and while 2 of the 3 open fine the third just displays a "Page Error!" message. Can anyone suggest why this might. If i view the book info in Digital Editions I see the message "Document Contains a Resource which is too Big"

Would appreciate any ideas as naturally, its the first part of a trilogy...

Cheers.
Simon
goonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
If even Digital Editions on PC says "Document Contains a Resource which is too Big" then the ePub-file can just not be displayed because contained parts of the ePub are bigger (filesize per part) than allowed by Adobe Digital Editions. The version of Adobe Digital Editions running on the Sony does only permit up to 300KB per part. I would complain to booksonboard.com...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that whoever made that ePub did not follow the Mobile ADE specification.

Contact the publisher and let them know that the eBook is not made following the Mobile ADE specification and that it does not work with your Sony Reader.

Also contact BooksOnBoard and tell them of this problem and request either your money back or a credit.

But before you contact BooksOnBoard, you could strip away the DRM and use Calibre to convert it to ePub so it would work on your 505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
goonjm
goonjm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the replies guys. I e-mailed BooksOnBoard about this and they've requested a new file from the publisher.

I'd like to say at the same time that their response time was amazing - about 30 minutes from first e-mail to a reply saying they've requested a new file. It's unusual to find service as good as that so I thought I'd share it with you

Simon
goonjm is offline   Reply With Quote