Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
MSch
MSch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Changing Tap Zones

I was wondering if I should jailbreak my Kindle Touch.

Is there already a way to change the tap zones after jailbreaking it or would I have to disassemble the Java code, understand it and modify it?

I prefer to read with my left hand and I absolutely hate the EasyReach Previous-Page tap zone and would like to disable it. If I want to go back I can just swipe.

Thanks,
Martin
MSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Swipe Does work, right?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
MSch
MSch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Swipe Does work, right?
Yes but having to swipe with my left thumb to turn a page when I could just touch the screen instead is not a good solution.
MSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Amazon obfuscated their Java code, so prepare to really, really hate the guts of their decision makers for that one. If you're adventurous and like such challenges, I'd say it's doable. But if you never messed with Java code patching, you've got a long way to go.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSch View Post
Is there already a way to change the tap zones after jailbreaking it or would I have to disassemble the Java code, understand it and modify it?
- - - -
Thanks,
Martin
Yes, there is.

Put in a feature request for that with lab126 @ Amazon, then wait.
or
Disassemble the Java code, understand it and modify it.

Do not expect an "instant answer" with either choice.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Depending on what kinds of ebooks you are reading, you could try out HackedUpReader.

With HUR you can customize what part of the screen will turn a page (left/right half or top/bottom half of the screen).

But HUR doesn't support DRM and the specific Kindle formats like KF8. If you only read non-DRM epubs, fb2, or some other supported formats, you could give it a try.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
bafs "Untouchable", expand it to include spaghetti code to grab/rewire TS pressed area.

pass back through new mangled co-ords.
I'm not 100% on how the gestures could be handled but suspect with enough perseverance even that could be achieved.

If I was truly desperate, I would attempt that

Last edited by twobob; 03-03-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: perseverance
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easyreach, gesture, gestures, tap