Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kindle Touch now available on pre-order in UK

Released on 27th April . . .

good news eh!

£109 - Wifi
£169 - Wifi + 3G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...f=famstripe_kt

Not sure it's worth spending £60 more for 3G access to the kindle store however!

Last edited by route66; 03-27-2012 at 06:10 PM.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
The international version of Touch 3G has also been announced ($189 at amazon.com).

What's strange that Touch and Keyboard have the same prices at amazon.com and in european Amazons Touch is significantly more expensive.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Talking What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
What's strange that Touch and Keyboard have the same prices at amazon.com and in european Amazons Touch is significantly more expensive.
Wait a minute... are you really trying to understand Amazon?

Hah.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
GeSKo
GeSKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi, I have been waiting for the KT to be delivered in Spain, but it seems that the X-Ray feature won't be available in some of the countries with Amazon shop like Italy, Germany, France and Spain itself. I suppose it's related to the language...

I hope it can be used somehow, otherwise I will feel tricked.
GeSKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The UK price for the WiFi Touch seems fair enough, but the £60 premium for 3G seems rather steep, especially given that 3G is now restricted to buying books and Amazon and for Wikipedia.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Wait a minute... are you really trying to understand Amazon?
No, just the statement of fact.
And fuzzy logic is still a logic. :-)
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
scoiattolo49
scoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheesescoiattolo49 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle, iPad, iPhone, etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeSKo View Post
Hi, I have been waiting for the KT to be delivered in Spain, but it seems that the X-Ray feature won't be available in some of the countries with Amazon shop like Italy, Germany, France and Spain itself. I suppose it's related to the language...
I hope it can be used somehow, otherwise I will feel tricked.
I believe you will be able to use it with any English language book, maybe just setting English as the interface language

I dont' think the firmware is different from the UK version (where this feature is advertise as available) and the other European versions

I guess we just need to wait and find out
scoiattolo49 is offline   Reply With Quote