Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #661
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage79 View Post
From two week when i start the gui in windows it is reduced to icon in windows bar. I can't see the gui, it doesn't appear. how i can fix it?
@sage79 -- You seem to be having the same problem as Belenos (a few posts back). What version are you trying to run, what OS? Did you try any other versions. Two weeks ago corresponds roughly to the release of v2.10, which is compiled with a new compiler. I have made v2.03 available again until I figure out what is going on. Can you let me know if v2.03 works correctly?

Last edited by willus; 11-30-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Wrong user--changed jdofo to Belenos.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #662
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From two week when i start the gui in windows it is reduced to icon in windows bar. I can't see the gui, it doesn't appear. how i can fix it?
@sage79 -- I think I know what's wrong. Does the 32-bit version work correctly?
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #663
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.12 released

Another minor bug fix for the Windows versions only. I am hoping this fixes the issue that Belenos and sage79 are having. See the web site for details.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #664
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
I fixed. I deleted environment variabiles from menu in my pc and now it works.
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #665
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #666
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Just curious--what was in your environment variable? I'd like to replicate what happened. When you were having the problem, did you get the command-prompt (text) window instead of the GUI window? Or did the GUI start minimized but then you could click on the task bar icon to get it to show? Or did you just get an icon on the task bar and nothing else would show even if you clicked on the icon?
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #667
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
Sorry for my english. The environment variabiles are :
"K2PDFOPT_CUSTOM1"="Custom &1;-odpi 200 -dr 1.5 -h 1004 -w 758;-f2p -1"
"K2PDFOPT_WINPOS"="-32000 -32000 -31840 -31972"
and tmp and temp folders. My windows 8.1 is in italian so I cannot say how to reach the menu that permit to delete the variabiles. (advanced setting).
When i started k2opt for a while i saw the command prompt then, reduced to windows bar, i see the icon of k2opt. If i clicked the icon nothing happend.
I think that the values "-32000 -32000 -31840 -31972" are responsable. It was as the window of program was uncentred to desktop.
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #668
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
I think that the values "-32000 -32000 -31840 -31972" are responsable. It was as the window of program was uncentred to desktop.
I think you are correct--I will put in some error checking on that environment variable. I did not think of that. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #669
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
several patches against v2.12

Attached are several patches that have been used in koreader for months.
  1. The rectmap.patch adds a WRECTMAPS field in Masterinfo to hold rect maps for later transformation between native word box and reflowed word box.
  2. The indent_calibration.patch calculates median indent for all rows and wraps all rows that have median indentation. This will largely reduce improper reflowing in poorly scanned pages and pages with marginal notes. More discussion can be found at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/305.
  3. The word_gap_calculation.patch adds an auto_word_spacing option in k2settings and if it's turned on word gap is calculated when reflowing.
  4. The static.patch fixes several static declaration that will break in multi-threading environment.
  5. The debug.patch fixes non-used gap variable in debug.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rectmap.patch.txt (2.1 KB, 181 views)
File Type: txt indent_calibration.patch.txt (4.5 KB, 182 views)
File Type: txt word_gap_calculation.patch.txt (3.4 KB, 162 views)
File Type: txt static.patch.txt (1.5 KB, 193 views)
File Type: txt debug.patch.txt (562 Bytes, 182 views)
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #670
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
Attached are several patches that have been used in koreader for months.
  1. The rectmap.patch adds a WRECTMAPS field in Masterinfo to hold rect maps for later transformation between native word box and reflowed word box.
  2. The indent_calibration.patch calculates median indent for all rows and wraps all rows that have median indentation. This will largely reduce improper reflowing in poorly scanned pages and pages with marginal notes. More discussion can be found at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/305.
  3. The word_gap_calculation.patch adds an auto_word_spacing option in k2settings and if it's turned on word gap is calculated when reflowing.
  4. The static.patch fixes several static declaration that will break in multi-threading environment.
  5. The debug.patch fixes non-used gap variable in debug.
Thank you! I will get them implemented in the next release. Is there a central repository for patches that I should check before each release?
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #671
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
[/LIST] Thank you! I will get them implemented in the next release. Is there a central repository for patches that I should check before each release?
Yes. The koreader team would always like to keep up with the latest k2pdfopt code. On each k2pdfopt version release we will make a fresh codebase override in libk2pdfopt with the lattest k2pdfopt source. The outcome commit in libk2pdfopt should be something like "fresh k2pdfopt v2.12"(d988c98ae7ec889fecc0bc8b5cae051f7b573988). Then we use this branch to merge with our latest branch. Conflicts, if there will have, will be fixed in the immediate commit like "update k2pdfopt to version v2.12"(e36230b59ba92e9da5ed261253acd805eba5baa9). So patches will be obtained with a command:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/koreader/libk2pdfopt.git
cd libk2pdfopt
git diff d988c98ae7ec889fecc0bc8b5cae051f7b573988 k2pdfoptlib/
It will diff all changes in k2pdfoptlib since the fresh k2pdfopt v2.12 source.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #672
pedrogaza
pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Mini
Kobo mini preset

I have check the actual pixel height and width of my kobo mini.
I have found 729 pixel for height (due to page number on pdf reading) and 600 for width.
And the best settings I have found is :

-w 600 -h 729 -dpi 200

Would it be possible to add it as a preset like kobo touch ?

Thanks.

Pedro
pedrogaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #673
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogaza View Post
I have check the actual pixel height and width of my kobo mini.
I have found 729 pixel for height (due to page number on pdf reading) and 600 for width.
And the best settings I have found is :

-w 600 -h 729 -dpi 200

Would it be possible to add it as a preset like kobo touch ?

Thanks.

Pedro
Thank you for the dimensions. It will be in the next release.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #674
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
Attached are several patches that have been used in koreader for months. ...

The word_gap_calculation.patch adds an auto_word_spacing option in k2settings and if it's turned on word gap is calculated when reflowing.
@Chrox -- I have put all the patches into my source code for the next release. Do you find that the automatic word spacing (auto_word_spacing=1) is useful and works well and consistently? Do you think it should be turned on by default in k2pdfopt?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #675
chrox
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
@Chrox -- I have put all the patches into my source code for the next release. Do you find that the automatic word spacing (auto_word_spacing=1) is useful and works well and consistently? Do you think it should be turned on by default in k2pdfopt?
It's turned on in koreader by default since there is no good default spacing value for both Western text and CJK text. The auto-detecting algorithm assumes that Western typesets are proportional while CJK characters are non-proportional which is true in most cases but it usually breaks up words when monospaced font is used in Western text. So users of koreader are encouraged to set larger or smaller word spacing for Western and CJK text respectively if they feel bad on the auto-detected results. Since former versions of k2pdfopt use default word spacing mainly for Western text, it will make familiar users confused when defaults parameters won't give similar results if auto-word-spacing is turned on by default. I would rather suggest leaving this option turned off by default until better detecting algorithm comes up.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools