Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Future Shop Deals for Vox

Future Shop is offering a $10 Kobo Gift card when you purchase a Vox in store. They are also offering $10 off a cover/accessory.

Dayem - those are some good deals. I am wishing I would have waited and bought at Future Shop. If they have one in stock tonight when I go, I may buy one and then cancel my Kobo online order (since it's delayed, anyway). Anyone know if I can acutally cancel my Kobo order - and if so, how would I do that?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Where is the deal advertised? Was at Future Shop today by the Vox display and there were no deals displayed.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
Where is the deal advertised? Was at Future Shop today by the Vox display and there were no deals displayed.
HA! That's funny! They only posted their IN-STORE deal ON-LINE!

Go to their website and you'll see it there.

Best Buy does not appear to be offering any deals...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Well, I'm pee'd off! I bought my Kobo Vox there this a.m. AND went back for a cover and no mention at all about this ...

At least I know they'll honor it when I bring in the page (I printed it) off their website.

Thanks for mentioning this!
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I specifically asked for the gift card and got that ... didn't know anything about (and was not offered) an accessory.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
Well, I'm pee'd off! I bought my Kobo Vox there this a.m. AND went back for a cover and no mention at all about this ...

At least I know they'll honor it when I bring in the page (I printed it) off their website.

Thanks for mentioning this!
I'm also a little ticked! Just bought mine and didn't leave the store with a gift card. One sales guy even asked the other if a gift card was supposed to come with it, but other sales guy said "no" so I just assumed he knew what he was talking about. Hoping they will honour this tomorrow...

... or maybe I'll go in tonight...
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
There shouldn't be a problem getting it honoured since the gift card is charged to the same receipt as the original purchase. Since you didn't get one, it will be clear on the receipt.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
There shouldn't be a problem getting it honoured since the gift card is charged to the same receipt as the original purchase. Since you didn't get one, it will be clear on the receipt.
Yup! No problem at all.

Now, who do I bill for the extra gas I used for the second trip to Future Shop?
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
Grr,arg- they didn't offer me one either. Oh well, back I do tomorrow with flyer and receipt.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #10
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
I wasn't offered these things either! Shabby way to do business!!
Back I go. ::sigh::
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
sjfwhite
Enthusiast
sjfwhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Apple iPad Mini 2
I had to remind them about it as well (the Orillia store). The manager's response after confirming it was "well I feel sorry for the other five people who came in to buy these things so far today!"

Meh.
sjfwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I went back yesterday with flyer and receipt; since the CS gal didn't seem to have any kobo cards handy, she gave me a FS gift card with $10 +tax instead.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
The people at the futureshop that I went to didn't have a clue about the Vox. They weren't even on display. They showed 5 black ones in stock and they only have one sitting in an overflow cabinet not even near the e-readers. The rest were stuck in the warehouse somehwere. I wouldn't expect a lot from them when it comes to this stuff.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Ditto - they didn't have a clue. And then couldn't get it entered into their computer. So in the end, they discounted the Vox by $10 and then charged for the card.
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotchJ View Post
So in the end, they discounted the Vox by $10 and then charged for the card.
Yup, that's what they did with me too. Somewhere along the FS lines this got mangled.

Personally I'm rarely impressed with FS. They don't seem to keep their employees in the loop, or they have very apathetic employees. Not sure which, but I only buy at FS when I know what I want and I've researched it. They've never been much help when I'm looking for info.
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote